15 - Uninvited Guests Part 2

Lucia's PoV

  I never thought that I would be here- on a private island, enjoying such beautiful scenery in my life. But the best part of this trip would be when I was forced to ride a helicopter which I never thought I would ever have.

  "So, what do you think? The reason why my mother went crazy with the bidding is because of the view. It brings serenity to such a hectic day being a businesswoman. My brother used to bring his fiancée here too. Anyone who came here falls in love with this same view." And there's no doubt that this view is amazing.

  "Have you ever brought your exes here?" Tiffany nodded.

  "I did. They, too, enjoy their time here. It was too enjoyable that I became pregnant when I was twenty-three years old." I almost choked on the drink that I was sipping.

  "And I gave birth to the child. But unfortunately, she couldn't make it because of some complications. She died when she was five months old." That must be heartbreaking for a twenty-three-year-old. I admire this woman who could talk about such an event with ease.

  "What happened to your relationship with your husband?" Tiffany laughed.

  "Husband? I was never married. When that man knew I was with child, he bailed on me and took off with my cousin. They're married now and living the hardest life they couldn't imagine. The man is nothing but a goody two-shoe with no talent and skills. My cousin used to work for me at the company, but after she met that man, she neglected her work, and I had no choice but to fire her from the company." There's another reason for her to fire the cousin, though.

  "My advice is, never trust a man or woman who has such a sweet mouth. They're desperate for your attention and money—especially women because they know how to hide their true feelings. I lost count of how many times I met a gold digger. Amanda is one of them. That woman is a famous model with unimaginable wealth, but she is too greedy." Tiffany leans back to her bench and enjoys the sun.

  Is she sleeping?

  "I'm going to walk in the water for a bit." Tiffany hummed before I went closer to the ocean water and enjoyed the feeling when it hit my foot.

  "Miss Lucia, please be careful." That scared me! I didn't even notice that the servant followed me here.

  "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." I laughed.

  "It's fine. Join me. It feels nice." The servant seems to be contemplating if she should remove her shoe, but she does in the end.

  "How long have you been working for Miss Tiffany?" The servant smiled.

  "Since I was born? My late mother has worked for the mistress since her teen days. When I was born, the Iscariot paid for everything, and they even let me continue my study in Paris while taking the course I wanted. While waiting for the perfect spot for me in the Iscariot company, I asked if I could repay them by working as a maid. The Iscariot agrees, and here I am." Wait- whoa!

  "It seems you're surprised, miss. Most young servants who work for the family are waiting for their spot at the company. We were all sponsored by Miss Tiffany." Wow! It turns out Tiffany has such a big heart.

  "There's a lot of things that Lady Tiffany had done for the less fortunate, but she never showed them to the public. If only she did, the bad rumors would subside too. I don't get why the lady didn't want to disperse the bad rumors." I can see that the maid is genuinely worried about her employer.

  As I was walking along the beach, I saw a couple of men in black suits approaching Tiffany, who was enjoying the sun. Tiffany seemed surprised before she took her robe and followed the guys.

  "I wonder what is going on," I said.

  "There must be something that needs the lady's attention. Don't worry. Nothing bad ever happens here. This island is well protected, and no one is allowed to be near the area without proper permission from the Iscariot. Only idiots would do something that will harm themselves." The maid seems white confident about this.

  "Who is that woman running away from the guys?" I heard the maid sigh.

  "That's miss Amanda. I wonder how she gets into the island. I'm sure she bribe someone who works in security. Someone is going to get fired today." That woman is talking and has such a nice hourglass figure. I guess she's a model for a reason.

  "Amanda!" Tiffany screamed at the top of her lungs before forcefully dragging that woman away from the beach. I hope that woman is alright. Tiffany seems pissed.

  "Lady Tiffany is angry. The lady rarely has time to relax, and that woman ruins it for her. I hope nothing bad happens that could put the lady in trouble." I watched Tiffany walk back to the beach and yell at the guards, who kept their heads low.

  Is this a normal occurrence? It seems the guards had their fair share of handling Tiffany's temperament.

  "The lady is not happy. But I'm sure to miss Lucia will know what to do to make the lady happy again." Excuse me?

  "What do you mean?" The maid smiled.

  "I'm sure you know better than I do. If. It, why would the lady bring you here, miss?" I think the maid has all the facts wrong. Before I could explain myself, Tiffany waved for me to come back.

  "Is everything alright?" Tiffany smiled, but even I knew it was fake. This woman is still angry, and I know it.

  "Everything is fine. Why wouldn't it be fine?" I guess Tiffany doesn't want to tell me what happened earlier.

  "Should I be careful?" Tiffany smiled.

  "I guess. That woman has lost her mind. And it seems my guards don't work for me anymore. Lia has a lot of things to handle once we're back." Lia, I hope you're doing well after this.

  LATER THAT NIGHT,

  Our trip to the private island was shortened since Tiffany had some things to do before our trip to Japan. The helicopter ride was a little unsettling because Tiffany seemed to be holding back herself from doing something she would regret.

  "Miss Lucia, here is a cup of cold juice for you. Please don't mind, miss Tiffany. It's normal for her to act this way after meeting Miss Amanda. I'm relieved that evil woman didn't do anything to you." Wait- Amanda will do that? Why would she do such things?

  "Miss Amanda has gone insane for the past few days, and miss Tiffany is having a hard time explaining to the woman that she is no longer valid. Anyway, that's not the reason why I'm here. Since miss Tiffany is busy, she asked me to bring you to the mall and find a few suitable clothes for you to wear in Japan. Once you're ready, we should get going." Geez- how many more clothes do I have to find to satisfy this woman?

  "Can't I use the clothes you bought before? I haven't even worn them yet." Lia smiled while shaking her head.

  "Oh heavens no- those clothes aren't suitable for formal events. We have to find the perfect outfit to match Miss Tiffany." I could have some time to rest, but I don't have those pleasures anymore.

  "Alright. Would it be fine if we stopped by the cafe? I want to inform my boss that I can't get to my shift next week." Lia smiled before nodding her head. 

  "Of course, miss." Lia went back to the kitchen as I continued to drink my juice. Gosh- the cold drink does help me to feel at ease. After such an intense afternoon with Tiffany, I need some breather. Perhaps going shopping will help me to forget it.

  After getting myself ready, I followed Lia to the garage and were shocked to see just how many cars and motorcycle Tiffany had.

  "How many people own this?"

  "Miss Tiffany." Lia picked up a key and went to a car parked near us. Is she going to drive? Come to think of it, Lia changed her clothes. Normally she would wear her usual maid uniform, but today, she dressed up!

  "Miss Tiffany gave the driver a week off because his wife just gave birth to their first child. Don't worry; I have a license, and it's not my first time driving." That's not what I'm concerned about.

  "Is it alright for us to take one of these expensive cars out?" Lia nodded.

  "I asked for Miss Tiffany's permission. Are you worried that we might anger her even more? Trust me, miss Lucia- miss Tiffany, wouldn't get angry at you no matter what." I doubt that.

  "Miss, I'm sure you didn't realize this, but miss Tiffany is quite fussy when it comes to choosing the right person to accompany her to any official events, but for her to simply choose you this year is quite shocking even for me." What does that mean, though?

  "Lia, can you tell me more about Amanda and why miss Tiffany ended things with her?" Lia hummed as she drove out of the garage.

  "Well, miss Amanda decided to sleep with another man, and she was caught by miss Tiffany who saw them copulate. Miss Amanda didn't even bother to stop after seeing Miss Tiffany enter the room. They continue- well, you know what I mean. I believe that Miss Amanda was high." That must be heartbreaking.

  "High?" Lia nodded.

  "She took drugs or something like an aphrodisiac to make herself- how should I explain this explicitly? Umm- perhaps you should google it?" Why would I need to google it?

  "I guess I'm good." Lia chuckled. Whatever it is, it must be something that I shouldn't even bother to know.