Chapter 29 - Something is coming...

All the news was a hard pill to swallow, but at the same time there was still a lot of work to do so I didn't have time to properly process it. My main objective for now was to bring Ed and Em back. Although, firstly I would have to ask Luz for help since my glyph knowledge is non-existent. Literally the only thing I know about them Is that drawing different glyphs gives different effects...

Before we could begin our research we had to find a place to stay. Personally, I didn't feel comfortable staying in the Owl House, mostly due to the fact that this creepy door-owl resides there. Luz was reluctant at first, but I managed to convince her that moving into the Blight Manor would be a good idea. After all, it provided much more space without any distractions. Truth be told, the inside had an eerie vibe, but it didn't stop Luz's optimism. Now that she had set her mind on making this a cozy place nothing would stop her. After a short shopping session and a trip to the human realm, everything was ready. Honestly, I never would have thought That this building had such potential for a warm atmosphere.

After setting up the living room as our main workspace we were ready to begin, or rather start my glyphs-101 crash course. The basics were easy, I understood everything immediately, though the same couldn't be said about the more advanced stuff, especially regarding combo creation. It was partially caused by the fact that even Luz did not entirely know how it worked, but for the most time, it was simply confusing. At last, we decided that it would be easier for me to learn through practice, and thus, began working.

It turned out to be even harder than I expected. For the first few hours, we haven't made any progress whatsoever. We only got better at using shield glyphs when something backfired. It didn't look like we were getting any closer, though we weren't about to give up. After some time I decided to take a nap, while Luz kept working. I slept for an hour or two, yet when I woke up Luz was still relentlessly testing out new combos. It was time to grab something to eat, though Luz wasn't fully convinced. Nonetheless, I managed to pull her out for a quick stroll to the closest café. It looked like we had a long night ahead of us.

When we came back we were immediately back to work. With some magical reinforcement, we pulled an all-nighter. I handled it much better than Luz though, mostly thanks to my training. Back in the emperor's coven, we were provided with some tips and tricks on how to go longer without sleep. Nevertheless, Luz wasn't about to give up. I went to the kitchen to make us some breakfast. I noticed that Luz brought some coffee from the human realm so I figured I would make some for her. She was beyond grateful when she saw me with it. No matter the coffee, she fell asleep on the table before noon. I couldn't blame her, it seemed like an easy task, drawing some symbols on paper. However, it wasn't that simple. I grabbed a blanket and covered Luz, she needed to rest if we were to work more. I considered taking a nap myself, but I felt quite awake after the power spell. Ultimately, I decided that I would wait for Luz to wake up, I didn't feel like working with the glyphs by myself, considering my lack of experience. Before I could find myself something to do, I heard the doorbell.

I opened the door and saw Lilith waiting on the porch, "Hi, Amity, I hope I'm not interrupting?"

"Oh, hello Ms. Lil- I mean, Lilith, of course not. Do you need something?" I asked.

"Nothing in particular. Eda sent me to check if you are not overworking yourselves. She was worried, that's all."

"Well, we might be overdoing it a little. Right now Luz is taking a nap so it's not like we are working 24/7. Actually, since I'm free right now, would you like something to drink?"

"Sure, it will be a perfect opportunity to catch up after all this time." Lilith said and stepped inside.

She took a seat at the dining table, while I prepared some coffee for both of us. I wondered how she would react to it, considering it wasn't accessible on the Boiling Isles. When it was done I took both cups and gave one to Lilith. She shortly examined it, then proceeded to take a sip. It looked like the taste surprised her.