Chapter 18 - Name please

The rest of the week passed seamlessly, I showed Amity around the human realm a bit more, and we had a great time together although sometimes she acts strange when I'm around. Ami was still waiting for her ID but it should be ready by Monday. In the meantime, my mom asked me to do a high school review with Amity. Honestly, I would rather not because I'm not confident in anything besides English.

Nonetheless, I tried my best for her. In the beginning it went well, but when we got to math and physics she ended up explaining everything to me. I was astounded by how swiftly she understood everything. Literally, the only subject Amity was kinda struggling with was biology. I wasn't even surprised, if I were to learn biology on the Boiling Isles I would probably find it confusing as well. Despite the biology struggle she had no problem with physics or chemistry, while in my personal opinion, those two subjects are at least 1000 times worse than biology. For example, I remember when we did engines in physics class and till now I had no clue how they worked. Yet Amity read the textbook once and could thoroughly explain everything, not only explain but even make me understand it.

When we were done with our study session for the day I decided that the time finally came. Time to introduce Amity to the world of Anime, particularly Monster Slayer Academia. We were lying together on the bed, watching the first episode on my laptop. She was trying to grasp the concept of animation while I was explaining every single lore detail occurring on the screen. I entered my 'passion mode' , putting so much emotion into my explanation. During my over-the-top walk-through I noticed that Ami was constantly blushing. Oh God, I hope I'm not making her feel uncomfortable...

My train of thought was swiftly derailed when my mom peeked into the room

"Luz, Amity, do you need anything?" she looked at us, and before I could answer she giggled and said; "Well, sorry for interrupting you, I shall leave immediately, if you need anything I will be in the kitchen."

What was that supposed to be? I didn't get the underlying message and I think Amity didn't as well as she was looking at me confused.

"Luz, what was that?"

"I have no clue Ami, my mom sometimes acts... strange."

"We didn't offend her, did we?"

"Nah, if we did she would come after us with la chancletas."

"I have no idea what is it, but it sounds dangerous."

"And it is, I should teach you some Spanish though..."

"Yes!" Amity exclaimed then she blushed and mumbled; "Sorry."

"Woah, I think we can start Spanish lessons tomorrow, finally a subject in which I will be able to explain something to you."

After that Amity blushed even harder while I sat there confused. Why was she blushing? Is this something witches do? I'm not a witch anatomy expert so let's assume it's just her being happy. We continued watching the show and I think I got Amity invested in the story. With a short eating break, we ended up eating through over half of the first season in one sitting. When I realized that it is already 2 am I nudged Amity that it was time to slowly go to sleep. We have to be careful though, if we wake my mom up she will most certainly end me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spanish is confusing. I'm honestly kinda embarrassed that I thought that besides ancient runic there is only one language in the world. Why are humans making everything so complicated? Wouldn't it be easier to speak just one language? Luz did her best trying to explain the basics to me but for now, I only know a few words. I thought that human biology was the hardest but linguistics is much, much worse.