Chapter 5 - You? You!

I'm finally able to stand up after the leaf blow I've been struck with, I turn and see the human, she looks ready to fight. I sigh quietly, of course, she is here, why shouldn't she, just my luck... I don't think I can handle this fight right now, so I try to threaten her.

"I already called for reinforcements, they will be here soon and arrest you together with Willow."

"Oh no, coven guards" she says mockingly "What will I do, definitely not wipe the ground with them." I would say that she is a bit overconfident, I don't suppose a whole squad will come here but she shouldn't underestimate coven scouts as much. Then I notice that she has this weird house-like backpack with the owl demon inside of it. Well, maybe she can handle the guards with ease then...

She makes a step toward me, and I can see that she won't hold back, I try to draw a spell circle, but it just flickers and disappears.

"Tired, aren't you Ms. Blight?" She looks at me smiling and passes by me to aid Willow. As she is helping her regain some level of consciousness, I can hear the guards coming. Finally, they are here and will arrest those traitors.

"Guards, over here, arrest them right now, that's an order" I command them and hear in response;

"Yes, Ma'am." He turns his head towards the human and Willow "You two! You are under arrest, surrender." The human looks at me with pity.

"Do you think that's enough to get me?" Then she looks at the two scouts which came to her "This is your last chance for both of you to back away before I kick your butts." They didn't make anything of her threat and tried to attack, she just said "Hooty, do me a favor, send them back where they came from." Literally, 10 seconds later both guards were lying on the other side of the street unconscious. The human stands up and comes closer to me.

"As for you Ms. Protegee I can see that you are tired and don't really want to fight, you are actually lucky that I'm also not willing to fight right now. So, let's settle this as two honorable witches." She pauses dramatically "I, Luz Noceda of the human realm challenge you to a witch's duel." I look at the human with signs of shock appearing on my face. I didn't expect that one, actually that gives me a perfect opportunity to capture the human.

"I accept, shall we set the duel spot and time?" I say confidently.

"No problem for me" she says while trying to not let me dominate the conversation "Since we are both pretty tired, I suggest we duel in two days at high noon in the forest north from Bonesborough." Then she changes her tone slightly and adds "And don't try any tricks on me Blight, it's you against me, have some honor."

"Worry not human, as a Blight honor is an attribute of high value, I will come alone. Now for the stakes, if I win the duel, you shall surrender, let me arrest you, and take you to the emperor, I've heard he is really interested in talking to you." I saw the hesitation on her face, but it quickly disappeared with her reply.

"Fine for me, but if you lose and I win, you have to publicly apologize to Willow for what you have done to her and admit that I'm better at magic than you." I wasn't really satisfied with her conditions, but I had no plans to lose this duel.

"Well then, we are all set, see you in two days human, don't be late." I turn around and continue with my original plan, going back home to rest. Honestly, I was kinda lucky that Luz didn't obliterate me just like she did with the guards, or rather how the owl demon dealt with them on her command. Still, I will have to prepare for this duel, I can't risk public humiliation, definitely not at the beginning of my emperor's coven career.

I finally got back home after this long day, I re-formed the butler just in front of the gate and went to the door. After entering the manor, I went straight to my room, hopefully, my mother didn't notice that I came back so she won't call me for a 'talk'. Luckily, she didn't, I got on my bed still in my uniform, and immediately fell asleep.