Chapter 7 - Let's talk

Slight warning concerning harder-to-digest scenes. Nothing too unsettling but I suppose I can put this here regardless.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got back to Bonesborough and came to the conclusion that I could go see Willow right now and fulfill my obligation towards Luz. I still cannot fathom that I have lost that duel. How is it possible? She can't even do normal magic, however, I might have underestimated her. Those glyphs seem to be a powerful asset, I wish I knew how to use them and more importantly how to counter them. I figured out that I could try to do some research in the library later. As of now, I'm heading toward Willow's home, I can't remember the last time I was there. Actually, I'm kinda curious how Willow will react but I'm not expecting her to be a bundle of joy.

I reach the door and knock. One of her dads opens them and looks at me confused.

"I'm here to see Willow Park" I explain "Is she home?"

"Are you a coven scout? Is Willow in trouble?" he asks concerned I try to calm him down explaining.

"Far from it, indeed I am a member of the emperor's coven but I'm not just a scout nor is Willow in trouble. I just need to talk to her." He isn't really convinced, maybe I was too vague about why I'm here, nevertheless, he reluctantly calls Willow to come and see me. She gets to the door and upon seeing me is clearly dissatisfied.

"Amity..." She says looking at me with contempt. "You can leave us alone dad, I will handle it" she says to her father and he leaves us alone. Willow steps outside closing the door behind her.

"What do you want Blight?" She asks with a voice full of resentment.

"Well... I know we weren't on the best terms lately..."

"Don't say." She interrupts me mockingly.

"Yeah... I just wanted to clear things, up so there are no hard feelings between us. Soooo, I guess, I'm sorry for trying to arrest you." I put up a slight smile, but I'm aware of how stupid this must sound. I wish I planned this conversation a little more.

"Please tell me you are joking Amity." Willow's response confused me a little. "Firstly let's get out of the way the fact that you are here only because you lost the duel with Luz. Honestly, I'm kinda surprised she beat you that quickly but that's not the point. If it wasn't for the duel obligation you would have never and I repeat NEVER, bothered to come here and talk to me." I stand there shocked as Willow continues "And don't even get me started on what you are apologizing for, do you really think I care about you trying to arrest me, especially after the years of bullying back at school? What? Did you think I would forget after 3 years how you used to treat me?" Now I'm starting to see how short-sighted I was with my apology.

"Willow, I-"

"Oh, don't you 'Willow' me here, do you think I care about your disingenuous apology? Do you really think I will forget about all those years when you were bullying me every day after a simple 'sorry'? I thought you were smart but I was definitely wrong." I'm starting to panic, this conversation is getting out of hand.

"Please, just let me explain..." I try to bargain with her.

"There is no explanation required Amity, we are both unhappy with how our meeting two days ago went, whatever, not that I really care, that is not the main issue. Now, get lost, I don't think there is anything to add here." She says and gets back inside closing the door. I block it with my foot just before it closes.

"Willow, please..."

"Back away Amity, you only care because I stood up to you and didn't allow you to go all over me as you used to. I will say it one last time. Get. Lost." She put a huge accent on the last two words, pushed me away, and closed the door. I stood there for another minute not knowing what to do. I certainly did not expect it to go like this.