Chapter 28 - Leaving and coming back

It felt like school started yesterday, yet here I was now, standing right beside Amity, at the graduation ceremony. Honestly, it was amazing. Not so long ago I wasn't sure if I would ever finish school. Well, maybe I'm not top of the class, like Ami, but the diploma is a diploma. I went on stage, got a photo with the principal, and went back, no fireworks. On the contrary, when Amity got her diploma, princy Hal had a whole speech ready... what a show off.

"Looks like my nerdy girlfriend is having fun." I said when Amity came back.

"I am indeed, however, I still lack the best Spanish grade."

"Que puedo decir, solo soy una natural" I responded giving Amity a forehead kiss.

"That's exactly what I mean. I guess I can't be the best at everything school-related after all... Well, at least I'm the best in the girlfriend department."

"We are tied here, Ami."

Before we could continue our cheesy exchange I got a message from my mom, saying that we have a guest at home and that we should come back as soon as possible. We had to wrap everything up and head back. I wondered who might it be, I don't recall inviting anyone.

We rode back home, and parked on the driveway, but didn't notice any car nearby, so no clues regarding the guest's identity. While Amity was making sure we didn't forget anything I already headed inside, I stepped into the living room and almost passed out seeing who was waiting on the sofa.

"EDA?!! What are... how... I-"

"It's good to see you, Luz."

"Damn, I need to sit down... How did you even get here? Wait, actually, no, probably through a portal... ugh..."

"Hey, Luz, I took the..." Amity said walking into the room. Once she spotted Eda she froze, almost toping my reaction. I'm not even sure who was more surprised, Eda or Amity.

"You..." Eda said.

"Me?" Amity mumbled.

"Luz, would like to maybe... explain?"

"Well, it's a long story. To make it short, say hello to my girlfriend, Eda. I know when you last saw each other, things were... different. Now they are different once again, so you don't have to worry."

"I'm not particularly worried about that, I would rather focus on the fact that she is officially dead on the Boiling Isles and you are the one who killed her."

"WHAT?!" I said simultaneously with Amity. Now that I think of it, it makes sense. We were last seen together and then Ami vanished...

"I can't be..." Amity was breaking down "Not again..."

"Don't worry kid, everything will be fine." Eda said, "Lilith will be beyond ecstatic when she sees you."

"She is alright?" Amity sighed in relief, "Wait, doesn't she want to capture you."

"Nah, things changed on the Boiling Isles as well. Since the emperor's death..."

"WHAT?!" I exclaimed, once again.

"Looks like we have a lot to catch up on." Amity said.

"Indeed you have. Don't worry I will explain everything when you come back, and then you will tell me what happened here, Luz." Eda said, looking at me. I politely nodded, though still shocked by all the revelations.

"Hold on." My mom joined our conversation, "What going back? Luz is going to college, Amity, didn't you want to go with her?"

"I do, but my family is there."