🌑 Chapter Fourteen ☀️

2298
Gertok Galaxy
Planet Celestine
The Celestine Kingdom
The Castle of Dragons
______________________

Summer Dawn walked down the hallway, Logan at her hip. "It didn't hit me who she was. I never thought I'd meet the infamous Stephens girl who got banned from SERA. I mean, how does anyone get banned from SERA? What did she do that was so bad to want that?" She inquired, crossing her arms over her chest. 

Logan pushed up his glasses. "From what I could tell, she's got anger issues, so that could be a reason. But, it would have to be something huge, and I don't recall ever hearing about it." He replied, running his hand along the walls.

Summer Dawn shrugged her shoulders and stuffed her hands in her jacket pockets. "Eh, either way, it isn't any of our business. Whatever happened is between them and not us, we shouldn't speculate no matter how much it is killing me to know!" She exclaimed, throwing her head back and letting out a groan 

Logan scratched the back of his neck and sighed. "Yeah, it's a brain eater, for sure." He fell silent for a moment before speaking. "How did you feel about Malyla's huge -" He made an explosion noise with his mouth and his hands. "To Luna asking us to be Celestial Guardians?"

Summer Dawn pressed her lips together as she walked beside Logan. "I can see where she is coming from. Unlike us, they're just regular kids who got thrown into the world. Something like this is why we are in Desert Sands Prep Academy. I don't blame her, but she could have been a little nicer to Luna." She frowned at the memory. 

Logan didn't hesitate to nod in agreement with Summer Dawn. "Luna looked upset. Lashing out was wrong, and I'm sure she'll come to realize that and apologize. Luna had a good heart, her intentions were in the right place even if she didn't stop to think that maybe not everyone was on board for it." 

Summer Dawn then had a thought that struck her. "I wonder how Varian got so close to her? I've never seen him look at anyone like he did Luna. I didn't think he'd have that in him. Not that I'm saying he's heartless, but it's surprising." She said as her tone was laced with surprise. 

Logan couldn't believe it either. It was hard to think of Varian like that. "I'm beginning to think Varian is human, although he doesn't normally show those types of emotions. Maybe Luna's personality is rubbing off on him, she seems to have that effect on people." He could only hope that was the case.

Summer Dawn hoped it was the case too because everyone could be like Luna. "All but her sister. Like goodness, Princess Solana is so abrasive. No wonder Varian, Princess Solana, and Malyla butt heads with each other, they're like different sides of the same triangle because they're three of them." She shuddered at the chaos the three of them could cause.

Logan wasn't too fond of any more drama but it was bound to happen. "I would normally enjoy the drama, from a distance, that is. Up close and personal, no way. I have no idea how they are going to survive if they can't work together, you know."

Summer Dawn reached out and pressed the glowing triangle button next to a set of doors. "They'll learn how to, whether they like it or not." She mused as the doors slid open revealing massive training grounds, similar to the side of a football field. 

"Wow," Logan marveled as he stepped through the doors. His eyes scanned the room landing on a set of stairs to his left going up into what looked like a control booth. He made a beeline straight up the stairs. 

Summer Dawn turned her attention to the control booth at a wide range of weapons, which were, unfortunately, under steel criss-cross bars that were locked. "Oh come on!" She huffed, running a hand through her hair. "I don't want to bother Princess Solana about this!"