☀️ Chapter Seventeen 🌑

2298
Gertok Galaxy
Planet Celestine
The Celestine Kingdom
The Castle of Dragons
______________________

Malyla walked down the hall, peeking into every room. "Adel, are you in here?" She called out, only to be met by silence. "Where could he be?" She scratched the side of her head as she continued to peek into the other rooms on the floor.

"I've looked almost everywhere and he's not anywhere to be found!" She exclaimed with a groan, leaning her head in the doorway of the greenhouse. She frowned deeply before pushing her head off the doorway and pivoting on her heels.

She twisted her low pigtail around her finger as she wandered down the hall. 'Pedro is with Hara fixing up the castle-ship. Fletcher is with Logan in the infirmary. Sammy is in the kitchen and thankfully I avoided being a guinea pig because Chenoa had already been there and he was just putting stuff away, and Adel is nowhere to be found.' She let out a breath of air which turned into a long-winded sigh.

She pulled her phone from her pocket and pulled up Adel's text thread. "No answer. Not even read." She sighed softly, shoving it back into her pocket. 'You'd think since Chenoa hooked our phones up to the system of the castle-ship everyone would be able to communicate with each other but no, it's like we still don't have phones or he's ghosting me because he's mad at me for what I said earlier.' She thought.

She walked down the hall and pressed the button for the elevator. "The only place left to check is the bridge . . . hopefully he's there because if he isn't-" She trailed off as the door opened and she stepped inside. "Why would he want to be around Princess Solana?" She questioned pressing the button for the bridge.

She leaned against the wall as the door closed and the elevator descended, passing the levels in a matter of seconds. She looked up at the blinding lights above her and sighed softly, her mind wandering to what Fletcher had said. "I just hope my apology is worthy," She groaned and tipped her head down, shaking it lightly. "I don't need to apologize because I did nothing wrong." She steadfastly told herself, crossing her arms over her chest.

She stepped off the elevator after the doors had opened and she arrived at the bridge. She noticed her presence hadn't caught the attention of Solana, who was looking at the screens, or Chenoa, who was typing away at the keyboard.

'This is awkward,' She thought as she shuffled closer, sucking in a deep breath. "Uh, hey, do you know where Adel is? Have you by chance seen him around?" She hesitantly asked, her eyes shifting around the room for her friend but didn't see him.

Solana frowned as she pivoted on her heels to face Malyla. "Do I look like a babysitter for you and your friends?" She inquired sharply, putting her hands on her hips.

Malyla wasn't in a good mood as it was and Solana's tone irritated her more. "No, but this was the last place to look for him. I can't find him anywhere." She informed her, struggling to keep her voice calm. "And it looks like he's not here either."

Solana put her hands on her hips while narrowing her eyes. "And that is my problem, how? Can you not see I am busy? I still have to get us ready to go to the outpost and file through the updates and information  preloaded into the castle-ship." She asked in a slightly condescending tone.

Malyla groaned, putting her hands on her head. "I was just asking! Goodness, a no would have been sufficient." She exclaimed, annoyance bubbling up inside her.

Solana shook her head lightly in dismay, resting her palm against her forehead."I am not obligated to give you the answer you wish. You should be satisfied I gave you one to begin with." She calmly replied, removing her hand and placing it behind her on the headrest of her chair.