☀️ Chapter Thirteen 🌑

2298
Gertok Galaxy
Planet Celestine
The Celestine Kingdom
The Castle of Dragons
______________________

"Where does Luna get off thinking we want to become Celestial Guardians when it's not our fight? We don't belong here and yet she thinks we will help take back the universe? I don't think so! We're just children! We aren't meant to be heroes! Asking us that was uncalled for!" Malyla's voice boomed as she walked down the hallway.

Pedro, after having calmed down, nodded his head. "I can understand her reasons, but it's a lot to ask us. We have no experience with anything pertaining to becoming Celestial Guardians. It seems dangerous to have us in the middle of this battle." He agreed, adding his two-sense.

Malyla sighed heavily, crossing her arms over her chest. "There is something wrong with her if she thought we'd say yes in a heartbeat without a second thought! We are not going to put our lives on the line for a universe that isn't our own. It's not our fight." She exclaimed, bitterly through gritted teeth and clenched her fists.

Adel wanted to come from things from a different perspective. "I mean, her intentions were noble," He said, gaining a death glare from Malyla and a curious look from Pedro. He put his hands up defensively in front of him. "Albeit misguided."

Malyla rolled her eyes. Typical of Adel to see the greener side of the grass. "It might've been noble, but at the end of the day, Luna should listen to her sister. Although I'm not too fond of Princess Solana, she has a point. We don't belong here and we shouldn't be butting into their issues. So much could go wrong."

Pedro stretched his arms over his head and then laced his fingers together, resting them on his head. "Should we tell Princess Solana what Luna is planning?" He inquired, wondering if it was something that they should do.

"No, we shouldn't get in the middle of it. It will be brought to light in its own time. We shouldn't interfere. I've had enough conflict that I've instigated for a lifetime." Malyla replied, shaking her head.

Adel hummed softly, crossing his arms over his chest. "Luna wholeheartedly believes in The Celestial Guardians, and it does make me curious as to what she believes they can liberate the universe." He pondered, rubbing his chin.

Malyla whipped her head towards him and gave him the death glare. "Of course you do." She grumbled under her breath. "If you want to learn more you can always go and ask her, Just don't think about becoming one of the Celestial Guardians, or I'll disown you."

Adel gave a nervous laugh, averting his gaze towards the floor. "Nah, I was just playing. I'm sure we'll learn more than we want to from the others." He passively replied, his heart sinking in his chest at the little fib he had just given.

He fell silent, feeling torn on what to do. 'I kinda want to become a Celestial Guardian. I know it's a lot to do, and it certainly doesn't come without risks. They're right, we aren't heroes, but that doesn't mean we can't be, even if it's for a short amount of time. It's been my dream to do something of the sort and here I am, getting the chance to do it and I turned it down? All because I care too much about Malyla's feelings instead of my own? It's not right I sacrifice my happiness just to make Malyla feel better. It's wrong. I know it. But why can't I seem to find my voice and speak up for myself? I should work on that. Oh, maybe I'll get a chance to speak my mind and say I want to become one - or maybe I can do it in secret? No, that would be wrong. I need to decide in my own time.' He thought as he whipped his head towards his friends. "Hmm?"

Malyla continued on her little ranting spree bringing everyone down. "If you look at it, we're kinda useless compared to the Desert Sands Prep Students. So, us sticking around is kinda pointless since we'll never be of any use and I would hate that we could accidentally get in the way of Princess Solana."