🌑 Chapter Twelve ☀️

2298
Gertok Galaxy
Planet Celestine
The Celestine Kingdom
The Castle of Dragons
______________________

Solana entered the dining hall. She was pleased to see that the New Yorkers and the Desert Sands Prep Academy students were all in attendance alongside Luna. 

"Perfect. You are all here. I have some information regarding returning you to Planet Earth. I am pleased to have caught you all," She paused for a moment looking with disgust at their Earth breakfast which consists of applesauce and granola. "Having breakfast, I assume."

She stopped at the head of the table and placed her hands on the headrest. "It has come to my attention, much to my dismay, that we, unfortunately, have no means capable of transporting you back to Earth. We would have to have transportation much like the Celestial Dragons which can travel great distances in a matter of minutes. Citrine and Obsidian are out of the equation since they are unable to be powered up without the other eight dragons. We have nothing at our disposal capable of returning you to Earth, which is highly unfortunate." She explained, holding her head up high.

Malyla's hands slammed onto the table. Her chair legs squealed across the floor as she abruptly stood up. "Are you serious?" She yelled, nostrils flaring and eyes widening. "Are we going to be stuck on this planet for the rest of our lives?" 

Solana narrowed her eyes at Malyla, she noticed everyone else had fallen silent at her outburst. "Do you think I enjoy the thought of having you here? No. You do not belong here and yet I will have to deal with each one of you." She sharply explained to Malyla. 

Malyla crossed her arms over her chest, gave a groan, and slouched in her chair. "Ugh, so not fair." She complained, tapping her foot rapidly on the floor. "I just want to go home and get back to my uneventful and pathetic life."

Pedro's heart sank in his chest as he realized that they wouldn't return home. Tears began to pool in his eyes. "But we have families back home . . . they will think the worst when they realize we are missing . . ."

Everyone fell silent at Pedro's words. 

They hadn't thought about things clearly and in the heat of the moment, curiosity had gotten the better of them and changed their lives. 

It pained them to have all hope shattered that they could return to Earth. 

How would they survive in this world? 

Solana was right, they didn't belong here. Yet, here they were. Stuck in this environment that didn't suit them, especially with a princess who found them useless.

Hara spoke up after a few moments of pure and utter silence. "Is there a way we can send a message to Earth? We can't just let them believe we just disappeared, they have to know we are alright." She inquired, all eyes turning towards her.

"I am not sure," Solana sighed, massaging her temples with her fingers. This was giving her a headache. "There is a slight possibility that the Cerkoik may have developed or acquired such technology. However, that seems unlikely, we'd ever get a chance to acquire it at our current state."

Logan pushed up his glasses as his eyes swept over the table. "So, that means we are staying here, whether we like it or not? What will we do? Where will we go? You said yourself, "This isn't our fight."." He asked, addressing the Solari Princess with a skeptical voice.

Solana pressed her fingers into the bridge of her nose. "I have not thought that far. I did not figure you would be staying here, getting in my way, and putting your nose in places it should not be." She chided in reply to Logan's words. "In due time I will figure out what to do with you."