🌑 Prologue ☀️

10,000 years ago
Gertox Galaxy
Planet Celestine
The Celestine Kingdom
The Solarium Palace
_________________________

Daybreak was minutes away, but that didn't stop Princess Luna Veianiseiané from enjoying the last bit of her precious night.

Her shoes scuffed along the cold obsidian floor, the wind gently tousled her long midnight blue hair. Her cobalt blue eyes sparkled like the stars in the sky as she peaked around the corner of the long hallway.

Soft trilling came from a glowing fox-like creature floating in the air beside the princess. About the size of a small dog, his fluffy tail wagged behind him, as he buried his chin in his puffy chest fur of light blue hues.

"Shh, Lune, we cannot get caught," Luna whispered, shushing the creature, a Lunmera, before hurrying down the hallway. "Keep your trilling to a whisper, please?"

Lune gave a whisper-trill in response to what Luna had said.

This made a smile grow on the moon princess' face. "Thanks," She beamed as she looked behind her. "It is just so exciting! Not only is it the first uinarian (year) that I do not have a Governess watching my every move, but I get to see the rotation of the sun and moon!" She squealed softly, clapping her hands.

She stopped at a door with a crescent moon in front of a shining sun on it. "Should I be doing this? If I get caught, I will be grounded until the next blue moon!"

She placed her hand on the door as determination flared in her eyes. "It is worth it!" She mumbled to herself, pushing the door open a crack before hurrying.

Lune gently nudged the young princess and gave a soft thrill.

"Thanks buddy," Luna smiled softly and patted its head. "You know, this is the first time I will see Mother and Father rotate the sun and moon!"

She frowned, rushing up the steps a bit faster than she had been walking. "I will never be at to control the moon like Father does," She huffed as she stopped at the door to the spiral. "Disappointing huh?"

Lune tilted his head at the young princess' words. He nudged her gently with his muzzle, his ears folded back against his head as he let out a small whine.

Luna stopped and placed her hand on her animal friend. "Thanks, Lune." She pushed open the door quietly and peeked her head in. "Now, you have to be quiet. I cannot get caught." Her eyes scanned the room looking for her parents and her sister.

She slipped in and closed the door behind her as Lune passed through the door like a ghost.

She tip-toed along the wall, keeping her eyes focused on the sky through the open balconies. She ducked behind a circle terrarium and peaked through the leaves, looking straight at her parents and sister with a full view of the horizon.

Emperor Lumino stood on the clear platform, his tall figure partially obscured by his long starry black cape and long bright blue hair that was braided half way down with a silver cuff. His dark purple eyes stood out against his pale complexion as he focused on the horizon.

Beside him, Empress Suniah stood with the utmost grace, her flowy golden dress gently tousled by the breeze. Her golden blonde hair cascaded down her back and front, brushing against her sun-kissed skin as her own golden brown eyes focused on the sun.