✯ Chapter 27 ✯

𐐪ï𐑂
   "You're the cheesiest romantic I know"

𝐊𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐨𝐟. He had driven her out to Nice, France and the whole time she looked out the window in awe. "We are here" he said as he parked the car. She looked outside and it was a old run down building. He quickly hopped out of the car to open the car door for her. She stepped out, her heels hitting the concrete floor. "Hmm, this is ... .cute" Liliana had always been an optimistic person.

"Don't judge a book by its cover," Kylian said as he opened the building's door. "I'm not" She mumbled as she looked around.  She followed after him inside. They walked up three flights of stairs, and as they reached the only door on that floor which led to the rooftop, a man waited for them upstairs. "Good afternoon" The man said as he opened the door for them. "After you" Kylian said, Liliana walked in front. She stopped to enjoy the view. In front of her was a beautifully decorated table, which was surrounded with fairy lights and it had a beautiful view of the beach.

"I told you to not judge" Kylian whispered from behind her next to her ear. "I wasn't" She turned towards him. "Do you like it?" He asked "I love it" She whispered as she fixed his tie. He pulled the chair out for her before taking a seat in front of her. The same guy who opened the door for them placed a hot plate of marseille-style shrimp stew. "My favorite French dish," He said. "Never tried it," She said as she grabbed her spoon. He watched as she slowly brought the spoon up to her lips "Mmmm, this is delicious" She nodded. "I know," Kylian smiled.

After they finished their first meal, the man brought them another plate. Her heart melted as she noticed a very familiar meal in front of her.  Pollo con arroz. The very same meal her mother would feed her ever since she was little, she also remembered she would tell him how much she missed home cooked meals and that this was the one she missed the most. Even if her culture had multiple delicious plates, there was something that brought peace to her when she had pollo con arroz. It just reminded her of her home and her childhood.

"You remembered?" She said, the sweetest smile placed on her face. There it was, the reason he loved her, that smile. "Well, you told me many times how much you missed your moms food while you were here in France '' He said. She tried the rice "So how is it?" He asked "It's actually really good, definitely not as good as my moms but it's good" she chuckled. "I'll take it, if you teach me how to make arroz con pollo I'll teach you how to make crepes" He said as he tried it .

"I know how to make crepes," she said. "Yeah, I'm sure you do, '' he said sarcastically. "I do!" She said "I burn pancakes, you burn crepes" He smiled. "Alright, whatever. Crepes are way easier to burn, they are way thinner than pancakes" She justified. The final plate was dessert. "You're joking!" She said excitedly. "French toast crepes!" She said happily. "Yup. My favorite dessert and your favorite dessert combined" Kylian said. "That's kinda cute," she chuckled.

"Kinda? Come on. I tried to make it as cheesy, as I know you" He said "I'm not cheesy" Liliana stated "You're the cheesiest romantic I know" He said. "Well, clearly you're cheesy too" she said as she looked down at her French toast crepes. "It's not that cheesy, it's romantic" He contradicted. "It's cheesy. But it's just the right amount of cheesiness that I love" She smiled. "That's right" he went back to the food.

"You want more food?" Asked Kylian "No, no. I'm full" She said as she patted her stomach. "Alright, next stop then" He said as he stood up. "Next stop?" She said as she slowly stood up. "Yup, the date isn't done" he said, pulling her arm. They quickly ran down the stairs and to his car. He opened the door for her and he quickly drove to the last stop. "The beach?" Liliana asked as she quickly stepped out of the car. "Yup, I heard it's very romantic if you take a walk along the beach," Kylian said. "It's also sunset," He added. "See, I told you. You're cheesy, "she smiled. "Maybe I am," He agreed.

By then the beach was empty, the only people left were people who were packing up. Liliana took her heels off and handed them to Kylian. "So did you actually enjoy the date?" He asked, "I loved it, thank you" She said. "Best date I've been on" She said truthfully. "I'm glad you liked it. I had like 3 days to prepare it so I tried my best, "he said. The couple walked along the beach, the cold water splashing on them as they held hands.

~~~~~~

"Eres tú La Niña que siempre
he soñado
Por verte feliz cualquier cosa
yo haría
Vivo plenamente de ti enamorado"   -    La Arrolladora