Chapter 20: An Unholy Crusade

Rayne is sitting in Kagan's throne room. Well-her throne room now.
For the first time she feels in control of her life. In control of her destiny.
A single royal stone chair for one ruler only.
Ishtar. The Queen of the Universe.
The name she will use from now on.
Her goal?
To tame the kingdom of darkness and bring it under her majestic heels.
Darkness is evil. And evil is darkness. But she is sure she can turn it into her slave by mastering it.
The throne room is empty. Empty of living human souls.
The massive chamber is swarming with undead and other demonic creatures.
They all stand in an obedient posture. Her will is theirs.
One is standing up.
The Forgotten One.
The demon cannot wait to regain his lost power and return to the world of Gabriel Belmont to exact his own revenge.
"My queen, you seem... detached."

"Oh, Forgo. For the first time in my miserable life I feel in control. And now it's about time to teach those looney guys a lesson. Never mess with Ishtar. The Queen of this world!"

The white armored demon makes a suggestion to his lady.
The demon clenches his right fist before Rayne, showing a display of his own overconfidence to her.
"I insist. One such as wise and strong as you?... You must have better things to do with your time. You should guard the heart of your tiny empire. These walking corpses and other creatures of the dark need your guidance and counsel, my liege."
Rayne is looking at her right black hand nails, enjoying her own position as empress more than ever.
"Ok, Forgo. You convinced me. You are sort of right."
Rayne throws a holographic device in the air. The Forgotten uses his big hands to catch it.
In his palms the device opens revealing the identity of his first targets.
"These first three creeps are Illiph, Holobarth, and Mastho. They are located in Europe. You'll find them."

"It shall be no problem for one such as myself. For I can sense their metaphysical signature, drawing me like a wolf to its delicious prey."

"Want any help, Forgo?"

"No, my liege. Best if they remain here to guard your newborn empire."
"I will go alone. I need to relearn my combat skills if I should be of further use to you.", he bows before her like a gentleman does for his mistress.

"Good point. And if you die..."
"I am just gonna have to find somebody else.", she gives him a friendly smile.
"Yes. I would not expect anything different."

"Now go. Make your Queen happy!"

"Yes, my lady."

The demon leaves his empress' stronghold for his destination to Europe.
To facilitate his path and quicken the timing necessary for his arrival there; the ancient demon, clad in white garment, is heading to a region in the vicinity of Ishtar's imperial structure which is swarming with gigantic flying beasts of magic.
Their birthplace is of kaganian sorcery origin. But with Ishtar in his place these creatures are free to roam the lands. They are no longer bound to Kagan's former castle.
Before the two-horned demon's eyes there is a flock of 'Kaganian Dragons'. Through magic their natural characteristics are refashioned. The kaganian dragons are a repulsive union of massive eagles and standard sized reptiles.
The Forgotten plans to tame one.
Equipped with a small power dose of his umbramancy; the demon fashions a pair of spears.
"Mindless beast, today you shall serve me!", he leaps at it.
He jumps on its back.
The monster starts roaring and shaking its body with violent behavior.
The Forgotten One grabs it by the neck. He puts considerable physical strength in choking her with bare hands.
His left arm is keeping the beast suffocated. The right arm is used, by the demon, to reach its forehead.
A bright yellow flame is burning its rough and thick skin.
The pain is so great to the flying creature that it is rapidly put into submission. Its last act of rebellion is a powerful beastial roar before the demon breaks its mind through agony and fear.
"That's it. You are mine, savage beast!"
"Now, spread your wings."
"Lead me to my rebirth!"