Chapter 7: "Knee Deep In The Dead"

TIME: 20:00 P

TIME: 20:00 P.M
LOCATION: Madagascar, Cedric's Temple

She was not dead yet.
Her mission was from being over.
As long as she kept breathing she had to push further. Rayne got out of the rubble.

She fell on her own knees and started crying more intensively than ever!
"Lost my mom when I was a kind. Lost my lover. Now my kids!"
"Is this how god repays me!?"

Rayne contacted Severin to check on him. But no answer.
"Damn it! This 'necro-cloud' is jamming the signal."
"I gotta leave and find a place where Cedric hasn't affected yet."

She heard his voice in the clouds proclaiming:
"In my hand I hold the power of death!"
"Arise, my Legion!"
"Arise from the depths of your graves! For I, Cedric, have given you a new life worthy of purpose!"

The green shroud of necromancy was slowly expanding. And Rayne was in its vicinity.
All those whom Rayne has slain so far; all forgotten warriors buried in the unknown graves of the island during the passing of time and pretty much every deceased in the dirt comes now to life!

As they rose out of the ground, their only words were-spoken in unison:
"I am Legion. For we are Many!"

Their directive?
To kill every living soul.

"That's not good."
"Not only does Cedric can summon the dead with Beliar's Eye. The shroud itself seems to have taken a life of its own!"
Rayne knew it was only a matter of time before the shroud was going to necromorph the entire Madagascar country island.

As Rayne made her way through the countless undead by butchering them; her blood rage built up to the point she unleashed it. All the pain and wrath she has felt until now have been released!
Rayne spun her arm blades like a helicopter's main rotor-chopping and dismembering unliving.
She was crushing them unliving's heads by rotating her own spike-heels in the air.
The dhampir came back to the ruined Sun-Tribe Village. And there she saw a few survivors fighting for their lives. They were some of the Sun-Tribe Chieftain's men.
Rayne came to help them and they joined forces. Together they would sort everything out along the way.

The last remaining Sun-Tribe members with Rayne finally got outside the Holy Wood after thirty minutes of running and running through ash and fire. And unliving.
As they were aimlessly fighting for their very lives; one of the Sun-Trib members revealed to Rayne the 'Legend of the Titans'. The myth told this:
-in the ancient times when the darkness of Azazel came upon the land; a very powerful warlock-king named 'Gadreel' rose as their savior. Using the power of God, as he claimed, he gave life to fire, water, earth and air-four elemental beings were born from Nature.
And it was said they would wake again one day if someone calls for their help.
But there was a price to be paid...
Just as the gods of old demanded human sacrifices to bestow their dark magic gifts upon their followers. So did these Titans. But it would not be a sacrifice for death-but for life.
The Titans did not demand the consumption of supernatural purity and light. They demanded the consumption of darkness.
A dark sacrifice that would put death to life again!
And in Rayne's blood flowed the power of black magic. Her vampire side that is.