Chapter 19: A Dark Reflection

"Hey, you're back!", Jane screams happily.
It's him.
Job. Former Brimstone Corporation trooper.
The Ultimate Pursuer.
Subject Alpha.
"You're one heck of a strong dude, man!", Jackal is complimenting him.
"I saw you beat the crap out of that Black Crow. Let me guess-you're a B.O.W.?", Andrew is stating the evidence with a question.

Job is looking down; he is inspecting some walker footsteps:
"Yeah... That's one way to put it."

"So, 'chief'? What do we do now?", Andrew is discarding the broken shotgun for two dual-pistols present on a random corpse of an Owl City military officer.
Jackal is interrupting their conversation:
"So, all in all-who the heck are you?"

"At this moment, there is no point in masquerading around you any longer."
"I have seen your souls. You seem like open-minded people. So, I guess it's time to reveal to you my true identity."
Job is showing them a partial aspect of his viral mutation.
His right hand seemingly gets engulfed by a cloudy electric blood aura which reveals a huge fleshly clawed arm.
"Oh, shit! He is infected!", Lena is covering her eyes with her palms.
Job is staring at his own monstrous hand:
"You'd be right. They call me-Subject Alpha. And Ultimate Pursuer is the nickname."
Job changes his arm's appearance back to that of a human one.
"Job used to be my name. Not anymore. I think."

"Hey, I know that name.", Jane says.

"You know me?"
The little girl nods.
"A few months ago I met a woman named Diana in the Larkay Mountains. She is the one who saved me from my prison. I and her got to chat a lot about our pasts. She gave me this necklace. And she said to me that she misses her older brother Job."

Job's pupils get larger.
"You met Diana? She is my sister. Where is she, kid?"

Jane is uncertain about Diana's current location.
"No idea, mister soldier. We got separated in the midst of a zombie attack! But she's fine... I think so. She wasn't alone when that happened."

"Who else was with her?"

"She was with some... guys. Friends, maybe?"
"I don't know... They all looked very scary to me."
"But Diana told me I should not be afraid at all. They were her 'boys'."

"Her 'boys'?", Andrew is interrupting bewildered.

"Yeah. A gang of bad boys, she said. They called themselves 'Warthog Gunners'."

"Did you just say, "Warthog Gunners"'?", Andrew may be holding more information about these so-called Warthog Gunners.
"Yeah, why?"

"Warthog Gunners are a group of very dangerous hitmen. Tell me. Is one of your parents a politician or a very rich man, by any chance?"