Chapter 13: The Price Of Time Meddling

"This can't be happening..."
Rayne looks around her.
Nothing seems familiar to her anymore.
"Hey, Necra. Can I remove this armor? I am sweating in this suit."

"For sure!", Necra confirms.

"Then why didn't you tell me this before? You know how much I have been keeping myself from peeing?"

"That's cuz you never asked, silly human.", The magical intelligence emulates a smile.

"First time it's gonna hurt because your armor is partly linked to your flesh."
"If you check your back; you might feel a small hole. That is your armor's 'home' to put it on your terms."
"If you ask how this big thing fits into that little hole? Well, just go with the flow."
Necra is floating aimlessly.
"It's magic. Stop asking things. Magic doesn't always make sense. Most of the time it defies reason."

"So, how do I tell it to go home?"

"Alright, bloody girl. Think of it like this:
-you use your imaginary hands."
"My magical system detects your intention; and I remove it for you."

"Yeah. I sort of get it now. I think."
"You are the 'brain' of this shadow armor."
Necra snaps her fingers.
"Exactamente!"

After she removed her dark armor; Rayne proceeds to attend to her needs.
She goes to a public toilet only to find out it needs your fingerprint or retina.
"Now even this has become a challenge? Ugh!"
"You know what? Fuck it! I am 'going' in!"

Rayne covers her right arm with shadow garment material, and smashes the scanning device.
She enters the public toilet to pee.
Out of the sudden, she hears an alarm, followed by a robotic voice.
"Public property damaged. Criminal, identify yourself."
Rayne rolls her eyes over, sighing.
"Ok. Maybe that wasn't such a good idea after all."
Rayne empties her bladder, and assumes her primary shadow knight appearance.
She kicks the metallic door into the security droid, and puts it out of function.
Multiple police droids register the assailant. They take action.
"Unidentified criminal. Lethal force authorized."
The droids start shooting.
The news flying drones start broadcasting.
Rayne appears on the big screens of 'New Eden'-the new name given to America.
Everyone is shocked.
Just what is this mysterious thing that resembles a human?
Rayne brings out her Abyssal Chain to get rid of them in the quickest way possible.
The scythepoon's toe blows all the droids' heads off in a single slice.
She retracts it back in her wrist.

More security droids are on the way.
Greater in number, now.
The first in the row are the City Guards-the same type of machinery that Rayne destroyed moments ago.
They look like naked humans, devoid of genitalia. They are painted in white. And they carry SGRs(Sun Gun Rifle)
Behind the guards are the City Keepers. They are a superior technological class. Better equipped for direct combat.
Unlike the standard droid security force; the keepers are quadrupedal assault walkers, mounted with two vesper shard canons:
-a frontal one, and a dorsal one.
City Keepers have the same height as a plain truck.
"Gah! Too many people here. And I'm not in the mood to kick ass without big reason."

Rayne switches to her greenish pale wraith form. She throws forward a rift-ball-sent on the rooftop of a random skyscrapper. She opens a second rift, and she jumps in it.
Rayne gets away from the scene, then she closes those two rifts.

"Phew. I really screwed it up this time.", Rayne talks to herself.
"I gotta find a clue, something to indicate what's happened to the world. And more importantly; where are my children?"

Rayne is staring at the city on the rooftop. She feels an unimaginable heartache.
She falls on her knees.
She punches the concrete with her right fist three times!
Rayne sheds a tear.
"Fuck it! Fuck all this! If I knew it'd hurt so much having kids; I'd have never had sex with that human."
"Gosh, I feel like someone's trying to rip my heart off."
"Even with all this stupid magic; I feel more powerless than ever!"