Chapter 2: "Family Time!"

Jasmine got up at five in the morning, she changed her clothes

Jasmine got up at five in the morning, she changed her clothes. She put her Kestrel outfit back in the wardrobe ready to take a shower.

"Oh, crap. Not again. We ran out of water.
I guess I gotta make a call to the 'delivery boy."

Rayne entered her room uninvited "Don't have to worry. Severin already brought our water supplies, I made sure of that. Also, if you ever feel like something's bothering you; you can always tell your mother. It is my duty to comfort you emotionally too. Ok?"

Jasmine took a deep breath ready to tell Rayne about her nicotine addiction.
"Mom? I got to tell you something... Even though we are both adults now; I feel the need to take this off my chest. I am-
a smoker."

"I know, silly. You've been smoking ever since you were 13. That's when we lost him: my husband and your father. I know this 'secret' of yours very well. I think this is why you've been smoking. To avoid the pain deep inside you?"

Jasmine sighed, "No. Far from it. It's the only way of feeling close to dad, ya get me? I know my dad used to be a devil smoker. So I guess I kind of followed in his steps. But I'd be a hypocrite to deny that it doesn't make me feel awesome whenever I take a smoke. Sometimes I smoke marijuana and pot too. But that's something I rarely smoke. And it's more when I am really tensed. Still I don't get the chance to smoke very often. Ya know, always on the move to make money in order to survive. Always this. Always that.", Jasmine chuckled.

"Well, I can't say I was a great mom either. I should have been more present in your lives. Maybe you wouldn't have started smoking if I kept a closer eye on you."

Jasmine moaned, "Eh, don't beat yourself too harsh, mom. Maybe I'd have started smoking either way if dad died or not. I tend to be a very rebellious girl after all."
Rayne smiled, "I wonder where you got that trait from?", she giggled.

Jasmine stretched her arms. She scratched the back of her head and revealed out of her Kestrel outfit hidden pocket a pack of cigarettes that she stole from the B.S Trooper's dead body.

"I guess my girl got a deathly 'trophy' from the battlefield."
"Yeah, well, a girl always has to improvise. As much as I love smoking. I hate to spend money on it. I may be addicted to it. But I don't wanna end up being its slave. I mean, I am a 'slave' to my addiction. But I don't wanna be taken advantage of. Yeah, that sounds better."

Jasmine took her lighter and a blanket from her wardrobe, "Well, it's time to take a shower. I smell like crap. Then I'm gonna make order in my room. And then I'm gonna sleep some more or check my PDA to take a new request from Severin if there's any. I really had a full schedule this week."

Rayne nodded, "Well then, I'll see myself out in that case. If there's nothing on your agenda, you are invited on a trip with me in Argentina. The Gaustadt Castle. I heard from my insider in the Brimstone Society that a bunch of vampire assholes are planning something again."
Jasmine grinned. "Oh, yeah?! So, I finally get to go in an adventure with my own mom against vampires?!", she said with excitement,"Finally I get to kick some real ass and see my own mom in action. We should spar before doing that. I want to see how good you are."