Chapter 1: "Welcome home, Rayne"

Thirty years later and we find ourselves again in another captivating chapter of Rayne's life

Thirty years later and we find ourselves again in another captivating chapter of Rayne's life. This time with a surprise. A family of her own. A great husband and two children named Jasmine and Elijah-with the son sharing the same name as his dead father. A deceased 40 years old partner, a 34 years old daughter, and a 24 years old son.

Jasmine, unlike her mom, did not inherit her vampiric genes. Instead, she inherited the properties of the Eye of Beliar. The very relic which got stuck in Rayne's eyes when she had ventured within the Daemite Temple, in Argentina, in the year 1938.

Apart from allowing the dhampir to magnify the scope of her natural vision; she had learned during Kagan's apocalyptic short-lived reign that the Eye of Beliar has granted her the supernatural ability to "steal" the powers of those whom she had slain in combat. Even perfecting the acquired super skills of her dead foes if possible.

And now the vampire slayer arrives home from a perilous encounter with a vampire lord in Russia. Her family is situated in isolation somewhere in Arizona, in a secluded area.

Rayne wiped the blood off her face; blood belonging to the vampire lord whom she had slain.
Rayne opened the door.

"Hey, guys. Mommy's home. You've been keeping this place clean like I told you, Eli? And have you ever had any fights while I was gone? Hope not."

"Oh, mom-
fu-
You are back!"
"This soon?", Elijah turned off the tv. He was watching 'Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith'.

Rayne closed the brown painted door and sighed"I guess you haven't cleaned your room. At least I hope you did not fight each other. I am barely around. So I can't say it's your fault for turning this way."

Elijah got up and started arranging all the stuff in the living room: clothes, blankets, shoes. Everything that was not in its place. You name it.

"It's ok, mom. It's my fault, really. I gotta get myself out of this stagnant mentality. This strong sensation of spiritual laziness."

Rayne puffed "'Spiritual laziness', huh? That's a first for me. You surely know how to coin terms on spot. You got that from me, kiddo."

She looked at the wooden fashioned table in the living room and took a bite from an apple.
"So, Eli, where's your sister? Is she home?"

Elijah had an itch and scratched his back that was covered by a green t-shirt. "Jasmine isn't here at the moment. Think she's on another 'ethically and morally justified' mercenary mission."

"But I'm concerned, you know. I don't want anything bad happening to her. Maybe she should just quit all of it."

Rayne took a seat next to her on the couch and told him about the survival in this world. A necessary key component of this life.