Chapter 25

THE CAR'S DOOR opened and two of my comrades brought Cerise to Lorik who was waiting inside

THE CAR'S DOOR opened and two of my comrades brought Cerise to Lorik who was waiting inside. She is an obedient little girl during the ride back and it seems like that would last for days.

I thought we would stay in the cabin for more days. Without the comms, I guessed they would focus on guarding the place and fixing the wreckage.

The shelter was adequate and the over-the-counter pills are kind of alleviating my pain. However, I want to rest all the way out instead of invariably being preoccupied that I have a captive that could escape anytime.

These motherfuckers will never believe I am dead until there is a dead body of mine.

So I am with them.

My bruised ribs became more unbearable since I kept coughing and sneezing. We conversed for a while as they informed me regarding some of the things that happened during my absence. Then, the boys did not waste any time for us to journey back here.

"Dude, fuck. I fucked up, okay? I'm sorry." The distress is undisguised in Randall's voice and it exhibits his regrets.

True. I was blaming him because one lock on that door would have prevented all of this from happening.

But I am not holding it against him anymore. What's done is done.

"It's fine," and I unbuckled my seatbelt. He quickly got out and I didn't wait for him as I started to limp towards the entrance.

Randall lifted my arm to assist me though and I have no plans of protesting.

Good thing we are about the same height or this would've been awkward.

"For sure you fucked Cerise while you were in the cabin." I snorted when he surmised that. He thinks I've done it because of the supposed payment that I would never collect.

I also witnessed how Cerise anticipated me to attack her. The surprise and distress in her eyes when I refuse to touch her are always there whenever I am close.

"You think I could fuck anyone with these bruises?" He cringed.

"Yeah, that's really bad, bro. She's a good piece of pussy, though. Lorik's compliments to her are not exaggerated, but the truth." My eyes turned into lines and I choose not to reply because I think he is having a hard-on remembering when he fucked Cerise.

The whole place is a huge disaster.

There are no dead bodies as I look around which is the complete opposite when I left. The building has bullet holes and some huge damage because of the grenades.

Some workers are still cleaning up. There are also men who are fixing the mansion.

"Want to find out Cerise's punishment?" I roll my eyes as we are already heading to the entrance hall.

My bruises are still hurting me. However, I need to know what I am expecting in the next few days since I will do nothing but rest after this.

The interior is nothing better. Various decorative objects, appliances, and furniture were destroyed. It is palpable that this part of the house was tidied up, but it is not adequate. The marks of the war were unerasable.