Chapter 14

THEY'RE FUCKING monsters! My heart shattered into pieces when I saw the children entering this place and being locked up in the cages one by one

THEY'RE FUCKING monsters! My heart shattered into pieces when I saw the children entering this place and being locked up in the cages one by one. The confusion and dread on their features were printed in my mind. They don't deserve this. No one here deserves anything that is happening in this hell on Earth.

It's been days since they first came and there's only one child who was touched or beaten up. I am not certain about the former.

He's the one who punched the mercenary's wounded arm. He's around twelve to fourteen years old.

After Lorik ordered the mercenaries to strip them naked, the kid was dragged somewhere else. I think Lorik saw it when the child blew his fist.

When I think back about it, I cringed the moment he was struck. I can't imagine the pain he was in because of the wounds there and I am a horrible human being to think that he deserves it for all the stuff he contributed to this evilness.

I have no idea if it's one of them who violated or abused the child. There's also a chance that it's one of Lorik's clients.

It was more or less twelve hours when he was taken back here and I can't help but cry seeing the bruises and cuts on his body.

I always avert my gaze from them because I don't want them to feel more ashamed than I did or maybe it's just on me. However, when they showed up at the door, my eyes ran through his body unintentionally. He's covered with bruises and cuts. His eyes were shadowed with fear.

The child was terrified when he came here but I know they have broken him.

That is what they always do.

Even before, I don't pry on people's privacy because I do respect theirs and I really value mine.

I find it irritating and disgusting if they do anything just to invade someone's privacy.

I think it's common knowledge not to touch or peek at others' lives unless they give you permission.

One time, I went to the comfort room in a morning subject in my freshman year and the teacher was returning our exam paper. She just put mine on my table. The paper was facing downwards. I was walking inside our classroom but it became huge stomps as if I was in a marching class when I saw my seatmate flip it to look at my score.

I sat and snatched it from him, not minding it would have tears and crumples.

I was throwing knives with my glares at that time and I whispered in an angry tone what he attained by peeking at my paper and knowing my scores.

He just apologized and I know some of my classmates saw what occurred.

But really? What was his purpose? To feel good when his scores are higher than mine or to feel bad when his' are lower? I don't understand why people love to compare themselves and their achievements to others instead of focusing on theirs.