Chapter 15

CERISE took a step back until she hit my front

CERISE took a step back until she hit my front. My head tilted, narrowing my eyes on her.

With that unintentional touch, she shifted infinitesimally away from me, but also made sure she was not getting any closer to the cadaver. This woman is the least of my concern now.

I emitted air grimly and heeded the situation.

The boy's thumb, running to his palm, was soaked with blood.

It's evident that he did something unthinkable, which is killing a person, and it's not sinking in his head at this very moment. His eyes were almost bulging out staring at the corpse; his breathing was rapid and hefty.

He was just living his life. Then all of a sudden, he was abducted and ended someone's life in a miniscule amount of time at a tender age.

His reaction was completely unambiguous and I understand it.

Lorik was perplexed at first and his emotion instantaneously exploded into fury. He pulled a pistol from his waist and shot the kid's hand. The blast was louder in this small space. The child's scream overpowered the shot.

It was a shitty attempt if he was aiming for the middle portion.

He is physically capable of fighting, I've seen him fight one of his enemies. I'd give him that. However, I observed that he's most certainly not good with guns. Lorik knows how to use it but he's not as expert in comparison to other criminals, his clients, or us.

Which is a skill that he needs to master in this field.

My ears haven't missed the small whimper from Cerise because of the gunshot. Her feet jerked to step backward but she held herself firmly.

Some of the children are now weeping.

They are horrified as fuck. A few of them are even trembling.

The bullet grazed the heel of the boy's hand. It was a long and open wound. His blood is flowing out endlessly. I can disfigure that and scatter his bones on the floor with one fire.

As the boy wailed, I just wordlessly pulled Cerise's wrist and pushed her inside her cell.

"What? Gonna kill the kid?" I asked calmly. Lorik's ugly face became uglier with his wrinkled face and nose as he glared at the kid who was kneeling on the floor, clasping his hand.

"Fuck this! What will my clients say? That... that a bitch killed Stosch in my territory?" I glanced at the pedophile with his hollow left eye and the right is open.

I'm not familiar with this man. Is he a new one? I suppose he's a German based on his surname.

He became arrogant by bringing his client here without any merc. Lorik's probably thinking that these children are harmless and he's got everything under control.