Chapter 12

THE MERCENARY paused for a period of time while I was anticipating him to remove the splint

I paid all the scrap of my attention to my wrist since I always suffered as a result of it. I became terrified of the ache it brought to me.

My wrist has also lost its motion. It's like, I don't have control because it seemed like it was disconnected from my body.

Also, I refused to even peek at him. Especially not after he threw our food.

What a dick. I tried my best not to roll my eyes.

However, I unintentionally glance at him because he was not doing anything, only to discover that he was staring attentively at me.

Our eyes met.

My brows lowered because of confusion. Why the hell is he gazing at me?

He handed me a thermometer and after I put it on my underarm, he took off the splint completely.

Oh, my.

It feels so good for my skin to breathe.

Sometimes, I would think that it is better when I am terribly injured. No one dares to touch me.

Any day, I'd take any injury than rape.

The thermometer beeped and I checked it myself first, knowing I have no fever before I handed it back to him.

He gave me pain relievers again. I anticipated a bottle of water but it never came.

Fuck this.

That was how I planned to at least survive without food.

This merc is really punishing us, huh? I just want to poke both of his eyes right now and squeeze them inside his ears so he wouldn't be able to hear us any longer.

I swallowed the pills dry. It was kind of difficult since I am not used to it. Seems like they are stuck in my throat. I hope they are not.

I was lost in my thoughts that I haven't even noticed he was done arranging the contents of the medkit.

He held and checked my wrist gently. I was almost startled when he just touch it without any warning. He's done this numerous times and I will never be comfortable with it.

The soldier was so serious that it seems like he was enveloped with wrath just scrutinizing my injury.

But I am not dense that he is capable of twisting it again in no time if he wanted to. I feel like any second he will do it.

He let go of me and I let my hand rest on my lap. That was the time when I exhaled. It was so audible that I want to berate myself.

"Can you move it?" I raised my arm and attempted to move my wrist. There was no pain as I did minimal actions.