Chapter 20

FROZEN finger on the frozen handgun pulled the trigger and the noise resonated throughout the whole place

The mercenary fell on top of me, making me face down on the chilly ground.

My eyes widened at the abrupt action, and I panicked.

Pushing the ground to get away from him, I failed and only pressed my back against his front. I tried to scramble too but his body was not allowing me.

Is he dead?

Did I just kill three people in under five minutes?

My head is failing to absorb that reality.

A whimper evaded my lips as his warmth and weight blanketed me.

In spite of the fact that I like the heat all over my frame due to the weather, I prefer it not to derive from him.

I am shuddering because of the blizzard and my hands and my feet are getting numb. The wet towel and shirt were discarded since it is making the cold worse. I was surviving earlier because the snow and the wind were not this intense.

Hypothermia is the last thing that I want to catch.

My drenched hair is also transforming into an impediment.

The vehicle at least offered a roof over my head. To be in this open area with the blizzard is putting me to death gradually.

I have no idea I can despise snow this much. Sure, it could be inconvenient, but fuck this. It is morphing a trauma inside my head. I don't want to experience snow anymore.

Where are we?

There was no blood that sprayed on me or the white snow which means I haven't hit him.

He did not fall on me, he tackled me.

The man is so heavy on my back but I am still able to breathe so this is not all of his weight.

My right arm was stretched in front of me, and my grip on the gun loosened because of the fall. I was going to point it at him again when he fisted my wrist and took it away from me. It seemed like a hand scrunched my stomach as reality struck me.

No.

No, please. I can't lose all of my efforts to be abused again. And again.

I automatically inserted my hand under my body and pretended that I was holding a grenade. Two of those were the explosions that I just used to get rid of the two soldiers. There's nothing left. I don't trust myself to kill them using the handgun since my aim will certainly not be good enough and they will have time to find and kill me.

The sound and the light of their truck were the things that I noticed because I was so careful in my surroundings since I can't see farther due to the weather. Their vehicle is more apparent than mine. Well, technically theirs.