chapter thirty nine

(breaking and entering

(breaking and entering....sorta)

LIKE A MERLIN

LIKE A MERLIN. HE LANDED EFFORTLESSLY ON THE GROUND. STILL HOLDING HER TIGHT WITH NO SIGNS OF LETTING HER GO. AZ watches from how high they jumped down and jaw dropped. This Lodge really was no joke on how it was built especially since they were on the third floor. The sounds of his light-footed steps, cushioning the impact with his knees— but his shoulder digs into her hips, and her stomach threatens to upend all over his spine. AZ feels her right collarbone burn with a deep ache.

Wide eyed she wheezes. "Can you let go now? I need to bask in the freshness of the air." She coughs a bit as his grip tightens.

"Either you want answers or not. I am not letting you down so you can take your sweet time on getting to where we need to go."

"Um...It would help if you told us where we were headed to first!" She complains, breathless. "And also I hate being carried like this!" Sel huffs and stops. He then bends and drops her to her feet.

"Thank you." She mutters, fixing her attire and collar of her shirt before standing still. He moves to meet her eye level, releasing a frustrating and impatient look towards her.

"Then how would you like me to carry you? What would please you? Vassal Carter." AZ notes the sarcasm in his tone and juts her right leg out. She moves her pointer finger towards her chin tapping it a bit as if thinking. Her chin was slightly in the air coloring a stream of arrogance as she faced him.

Ignoring his long stare of suffering she finally reached her answer. "Bridal style." Jutting her chin out even more. "That's what I want."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard correctly." It took him a while, observing her face looking for a trace of her humoring him but found nothing as she was dead serious. He dropped his head down letting out a faint chuckle. AZ narrowed her eyebrows a bit. She wondered what was so funny to him at that moment.

"I guess in a way it makes sense..." His lips curl a bit as he continues. "It fits the criteria of a lovely princess such as yourself."

AZ gives him a look, "The sarcasm is not helping."