chapter nineteen

CARSON LOOKED TRAUMATIZED AS AZ RAN UP TO HELP HIM OFF THE FIELD

CARSON LOOKED TRAUMATIZED AS AZ RAN UP TO HELP HIM OFF THE FIELD. HIS FACE WAS COVERED IN BOAR SALIVA AND she tried her best not to show a look of disgust as she tries to guide him back to William so they can take him to the side and treat his wounds. She keeps her head up, noticing some stares of curiosity from the other Pages but she pays them no mind, simply getting him to where he needed to go. One of the Lodges medical wings, not the main one, was to the side of the high ridge only a few feet. It was a small building but it had a good portion of beds to treat patients. This was used mainly for the participants of tournaments. William was already waiting in the building as AZ was carrying the reluctant Carson back. Grunting because goddamn was he heavy. But he didn't look good.

In the process he had broken his leg and it was currently digging him to hell. AZ didn't say anything as she ignored his winces and simply focused on getting him safely to the wing. The rest of the participants of the tournament were taking a 20 minute break before the next round. She opens the door rather quickly, with an injured Carson on her shoulders.

"Set him on the bed over here." William says as he follows them. AZ nods and they both help set him down. "Thank you AZ." Nodding again she moves to get all the necessities, a blanket and water to help Carson cool down from the anxiety.

"Pass me that magnifying glass AZ, I need to get a better look." William suggests. She's already on it though which causes the healer's lips to quirk up. He nods again. "Why thank you." And swiftly looks back. AZ moves to warm a towel and wipe Carson's face but he shrinks a bit when she moves near him. AZ doesn't miss it as she narrows her eyes.

"What? You afraid of some water?" She asks accusingly and Carson doesn't meet her gaze. He simply casts his head down and looks at his dirty fist. AZ scoffs.

William luckily noticed and whirled his eyes towards the Page. "Page Whitman." He asks sternly at the Page who's still not looking at him. "There a problem?" Carson quickly shakes his head.

"Then why won't you let Vassal Carter wipe your face?"

"I can answer him if you won't." AZ says sassily. "Because I think I have a good idea why." She snaps and William frowns, visibly displeased with the Page.

"Look I already let you carry me around over here to get healed. I think that's enough." Carson grunts and William stops examining his injuries,

"Page Whitman...." William begins but Carson is already saying it.

"I just don't want her dirty hands on my face dammit." He spits out and shock fills the healer's eyes before he sees a hand into his view ready to slap Carson with all her might.

"You are about to get them anyway since you decided to open that nasty mouth of yours." She grits her teeth about to swing but William pulls her back. He gives her a look of apology and she sees to it to calm down. She throws the wipe on the bed and paces around.