chapter twelve

(drunk on the job???)

"WHERE ARE MY PATIENTS

"WHERE ARE MY PATIENTS." WILLIAM THUNDERS AT RUSS AND SAR. THE TWO WIDE EYED SQUIRES SHRINK BACKWARDS. AZ was actually grateful she didn't have to face that side of him when she ran away earlier, twice. She backed up slowly with a cringe. Silently wishing the two squires luck facing his wrath. No way was she going to be caught up in that mix.

"They woke up! Nick went home," Russ says at the same time that Sarah blurts, "Tor's upstairs. She said she was hungry!" AZ gapped.

"They really are some super soldiers huh?" Cause after all that fight she would take an opportunity to just soak in a warm bath or nap the whole day if she could. Russ nods quickly, agreeing with her.

"You have no idea." Sar says, she grimaces under the harsh gaze of the healer.

The raised voices elicit a low moan from Lord Davis, and William catches himself before he yells again. "And you let him?" Russ recovers first. "He's the—the king?"

"In this infirmary," William hisses, advancing on him, "I am your king. Nick was not discharged! His head is still healing!"

Bree was quiet at first but then was downtrodden as she said without thought. "He left me?" The rest left in the room turned to look at her questioningly. "I mean, just that he—not that I— I just thought I'd get to check on him first."

"Awww Bree, look at that you do have a cherished heart after all." AZ wipes fake tears from her face ignoring Brees glare. "I think i'm going to puke from the sweetness of it." That earned her a smack on the head.

"I deserved that."

Sar takes pity. "We didn't know where you guys went. Nick called your phone a bunch, said it went to voicemail. I think he thought you went home after... everything that happened in the woods." Bree looks down at the floor.

"Nick probably needs some space to catch his breath." Russ shrugs. "Think about it—he shows up to reclaim his title after years of being away, and boom! We're two Awakened Scions away from Arthur. I'd be freaking out too."