chapter fourteen

(bojangles and bonding)

KNOCK KNOCK AZ STOPPED IN THE MIDST OF PUTTING ON HER EARRINGS Kayla had an early class so she had left

KNOCK KNOCK AZ STOPPED IN THE MIDST OF PUTTING ON HER EARRINGS Kayla had an early class so she had left. And she didn't think her roommate left her key, so she wondered who it could have been. Setting her earring down she went to answer the door. To say she was surprised was an understatement. She literally gapped like a fish facing Alice on the other side. Her childhood friend had a sheepish look on her face as she looked to the side.

Clearing her throat Alice is the first to speak. "Hey.." She fists with her hands awkwardly.

"Howdy...." AZ followed but again she didn't know what to say. After she basically screamed in her face and accused her of being someone with no backbone she figured Alice would never speak to her again.

But here she was her childhood friend and best friend was here in front of her. Her heart warmed, she didn't realize how much she missed her.

"Bree came home last night. Completely drenched and I was so worried. She told me it was fine but I didn't believe it and..." Alice paused. "I wanted to see if you were okay too?" She gave her a pleading look. AZ hesitated, what was she supposed to say? How was she going to go about it? She didn't want to lie but it was better if Alice steered away from the danger

"I'm as good as I can be...I have a lot of crap on my mind and get ahead of myself but I think I'm hanging in there." AZ mutters the last part not meeting Alice's eyes. It was obvious her friend wanted to ask more but she let it go. Instead the taiwanese girl gestured to the side.

"Brees up and Charlotte picked up Bojangles for us. I made sure to order your go to breakfast meal." AZs eyes lit up like a puppy. "Wanna join us in the room?" Alice snorted at the look on her face.

"Of course I don't have to ask. You never pass up on food." It earns her a cheeky smile.

Alice grunts a bit caught off guard when AZ hugs her. She doesn't miss the chance to hug back, giving her a chuckle.