Found

Hey, Y'all.. So I decided to write a bit of a comfort story. I have the first few chapters done, but after those, the plot is pretty loose so if there's anything you'd like to see in this story, I'd be happy to add any suggestions :)

I hope this story brings y'all the same comfort it brings me, thanks!

-Z

...

Police cars pulled onto the scene, the reflection of their lights flashing on the side of a small, single-story residence.

*Charlie 42 and 36 on scene*

*22:30*

Two cops stepped out of the cars, immediately turning on their flashlights as they approached the porch of the house. A red 2006 Ford Fusion was parked in the driveway, it's tires held back by wheel chocks with a broken passenger's window that was covered in plastic wrap. The steps creaked under their feet, and they moved with caution, hands resting on their gun holsters in preparation for confrontation.

They paused, giving each other a nod before the female cop stepped forward, opening the screen door and pounded her fist on the hard wood.

"Holland Police Department! Open up!"

The two paused, keeping their hands on their belt as they heard movement coming from inside the house, before footsteps stopped at the door. They waited another moment, keeping their eyes on the porch window before knocking once again.

"Holland PD, we know you're in there! Open the door!"

The man pulled his gun from his belt, and she soon followed suit, but he soon jumped at the sight of a figure popping up in the window.

"Look out!"

Shots began to fire in the air, glass shattering from the window and the cops ducked low, keeping their weapons pointed outward, and she quickly kicked down the door.

*Dispatch from Charlie 42! shots fired!*

*10-4, sending in 2 more scouts*

They filed into the home quickly, the man following closely at her rear until she turned the corner, instantly met with their target who held out a shot gun, but before he could react, her finger was already squeezing the trigger:

Firing 1.. 2.. 3 shots at the target, and he dropped to the ground, releasing the shotgun from his grip.

"Search the house! I got him!" she ordered, and the second cop continued through the halls of the house while she carefully stepped toward the man, keeping her gun pointed forward as she kicked the shot gun from his reach, and pulled it away. She bent to the ground, reaching out two fingers to his neck, but soon shook her head, not feeling a pulse, and she stood to her feet, resuming her search with the other cop.

*Charlie 36, active shooter is down. We'll need EMS to stage while we continue the search*

*10-4*

The cops soon met in the hall, carefully scanning each room of the house, but the further they searched, the stranger their findings became. They found several holes punctured into the wall, signifying some sort of violence that had taken place, and on entry of one of the bedrooms, they noticed shackles attached to the bed frame, with a bare mattress that was covered in blood stains.