Chapter 4: Say Yes

First days of new semesters are rather, what word suits it, arid and noisy to say the least, yet, being present on your schedules gives huge bonus points specially when few loyally attended the class.

I've never been kin to attend, even during voting of which an individual would be charged if they didn't attend, and as my course requires that students are encouraged to participate.

That doesn't bother me as much as the thought of asking a girl out. I do seem collected all the time but being an asocial person, those kind of interactions does make me nervous and triggers my anxiety.

'What a mess'

I sighed and turned the music's volume up, the blasting sounds echoing inside my car. Once in a while, I loved the noise piercing through my eardrums and numbing my fast beating heart. It was the day I was to try, no, I am to ask her hoping she'll say yes and not to left me banging my head on my bedroom walls for being stupid and miscalculating about what her intentions were.

I leaned on the steering wheel and closed my eyes, focusing on the songs lyrics,

We see a lighthouse in the night~

Whenever we get lost, it leads the way~

We see a lighthouse in the night~

Whenever we get lost, we'll find a way to get back home~

...

(K-391 Lighthouse)

It calmed me for a bit, though the positive lyrics gave me much more negativity to think about. For one thing, what if she acts like that because she was just being friendly as I have always presumed for her to be or that she just wants to include me.

'I wonder', I thought and stopped the music checking my watch to two minutes till class starts.

I didn't even know if we have overlapping schedules like we did last semester, it was up to luck then if we both are attending the first day of class. I was hoping she would before I change my mind altogether.

The lecture room's door was closed but the noises inside could be heard even by closed quarters. I've expected it to be loud but not as rowdy as children of no discipline at all. I stood in silence holding the door, rethinking my entire decision of coming in, it was not yet late to turn back and go home, order some Chinese for lunch and watch some anime.

I looked down to my shoes, resisting the urge to turn back,

"Are you not going in?", a woman spoke suddenly and took me by surprise. Turning briskly to a tall blonde woman who stood stoically, certainly impatient.

"Uh--, sorry... I am", I uttered softly, looking up at her unemotional face. For a moment, I stood there agape and speechless. Her expression seemed to change in annoyance as she cleared her throat, gazing down at me.

"Shit! Fuck! Jesus Fucking Christ!", I whispered and pushed the door open, letting her in first, with my head stooped looking down at my feet, dumbfounded.

'She reminds me of Alexis! With those same damn expressions!'

I took a deep breath and collected myself, looking over at my usual seat, to my surprise the girl, Jade, was already there seated beside it. I gazed at the blonde woman while she went up the podium in silence, so did the class that suddenly went dead silent. Admiring and gawking over the most gorgeous woman in class, which turns out to be our professor.

"Good Morning, I am Professor Hersh and I'll be overseeing your Political Theory subject for this semester", she stated bluntly staring at everyone in class, and resting her gaze on me.