~I love her~

I wake up and look at my phone. Finally the weekend. I had a date with Matt later and since I slept all morning it was a lot closer. Me and Matt hadn't really went on a date and since we decided to take things slow since we've never done something like this before. I decided to pick out and outfit going for something simple. I grab some dickies jeans and a white crop top. I decided to wear my platform white converse with them. I get a shower and do my facial routine and get dressed before going to my dresser and Doing my makeup.

I hear my phone buzz and I pick it up. A message from Matt saying 'I'll be there in ten' I read. I put my earrings in and struggle with my shoes for about five minutes. I hear a knock on my door and hear my dad open it. "Matt?" He asks. "Hello, Mr Monroe. I'm here for Iris" he says. "Well who else would you be here for. Me?" Me dad giggles. I run down the stairs after grabbing my phone a purse. "Hey Matt" I say with a small wave and smile. "Alright love birds off you go. Have fun" my dad says waving us off as he takes my hand and we walk to his car. "Such a gentle man." I say with a smile as he opens the car door for me. I get in and see him hop into the divers seat. I got these for you." He smiles getting a bouquet of dark red and white roses. "Awe Matt there beautiful." I say giving him a hug. "I love them" I whisper. He smiles and pulls out the driveway.

"So where are you talking me out tonight Matthew?" I ask. "Oh now that's a surprise that you'll just have to wait and see." He smiles. "Awe come on not even a hint?" I ask. "Well if your so desperate to know." He smirks. "Yes" I say. "We're going to a place where you'll love" he giggles. "Well that could be anywhere as long as I'm with you" I giggle. "Corny" he laughs. "Come on what a way to ruin a mood" I giggle. He smiles a she pulls into a car park and parks near the door. He gets out and runs to open my door for me. "Thank you" I say with a smile, holding his hand and walking into the building. "An aquarium" I say with a wide smile. "Yep" he says with a smile. "Awe" I say overwhelmed by the feelings. He giggles as we walk through the different tanks. Looking at all the different types of fish. "Matt look stingrays and sharks" I gasp dragging him to the massive tank. "Woah" he whispers. I look in the tank in awe. Matt turns to me and admires we while I'm looking into the tank.

Matts POV

I turn to Iris. The blue light shimmering off her face. I scan over her face admiring her beauty. God I loved this girl, she made me feel butterflies every time she mentions my name. I see her look back at me with her colourful eyes. I see them dart from my eyes to my lips. I can't help but do the same.

Iris POV

I turn to Matt him already staring at me. I can't help but glade between his shimmering eyes and his soft lips. I got back and forward between the two when eventually deciding to place my hand on his jaw line and pull him in. His arm snakes around my waist as he pulls me closer making the kiss more passionate. It helps no one being in the room. Even if someone was there, I could care less.

We pull away and I smile facing back toward the tank resting more on him and Matt warping his arm around my body.
We walk to the gift shop after that tank being the last one. I spot two necklaces of two stingrays. I smile and pick them up. I show Matt and then we decided to buy them. We get the necklaces and walk back to the car hand in hand. We get into the car Matt opening the door for me once again. I thank him and we both get into the car. "Thank you so much Matt." I say with a smile as I look to him. "No problem Iris" he says looking back. He starts the car and we drive to a near by olive garden.

We both walk to the door and get seated soon after. We where in the back of the restaurant where it was only lit by a few candles. We both order some fettuccine chicken Alfredo. We get out food and we talk more about school and Oscar's gig. After we walk down to the beach which wasn't to far from the restaurant. We get to the sand and watch the sunset. I look at Matt and put my hands along his jaw again. "I can't believe I pulled you." He whispers as he places his hands around my waist. Causing me to instantly blush. "I can't believe Im yours." I whisper in his ear. He smiles and We pull each other in for a soft kiss. We pull away and turn to watch the sunset again.

Matts POV

How I love when she whispers in my ear. I love the way she kisses me I'm secret and I love the way she makes me feel flustered every time she compliments me. I love her.
I turn to look at her the amber light making her face glow. I kiss her on the head and we walk back to the car before it gets to dark.

Iris POV

I feel Matt kiss the top of my head. I look up at him and smile. We both take each others hands and walk back to the car. There was a silence not an always one but a comforting one. We get back to the car and Matt drives me back home. We play music and sing along together. "Matt?" I ask when the music turns down. "Yeah?" He asks. "Why do you think we should tell people?" I ask. "I don't know I just want to do it when we're both comfortable." He says. "Well are you comfortable?" I ask. "I'm ready when you are." He says "what if tomorrow we all go out for dinner and we tell them then?" I ask. "That sounds amazing" he smiles. I smile back. Nervous butterflies fill my stomach instantly after we agreed.

He drops me off at my house I grab my flowers and talk to him through the drivers window. "I love you" he says. "I love you too" I say giving him a kiss through the car. We pull away and Matt gives me a little wave I give one back and he drives away. I can't stop smiling as I walk to my house. I open the door and hear talking in the living room. I walk to the living room and lock on the door. I peek my head through and see my dad and Janice. "Heyy kiddo" he says as I walk in. "Woah Iris that's a big bouquet" Janice giggles. "I know right" I giggle. "It's not that big." My dad says in a huff. "Dad can you not do that please." I ask. "Sorry. It lovely." He smiles. "Hey we need to talk to you" he adds. "Alright" I say taking off my bag and putting my flowers down on a table. I sit on the chair on the other side of the room. "So me and Janice. Have been dating for some time now. So I week ago I decided that I wanted to take the next step in our life's as a family." My dad says. I put on a smile as I feel my heart shatter from the inside. "Me and Janice are getting married." He says with a wide smile. I feel a few tears enter my eyes and I keep my fake smile as wide as possible trying to hide the fact my lips are quivering. "That's amazing" I say looking at Janice who has a massive smile showing me the beautiful golden ring. "It looks so good guys. I can't wait" I say. "Alright I'm going to go upstairs and get changed I'm really tiered." I say. "Alright honey love you" they chime. I grab my flowers and bag and run upstairs. I feel tears flood my eyes and my mascara runs down my face. I go into my bathroom and turn in the shower while I cry.

I never knew my mom. But marrying a new woman when you've only dated her for a eight months? I cry a little more and gather myself in the shower. I get changed into silk pyjamas before getting a hug from the kitchen and filling it with water and putting my flowers into it. I light a candle and put it on my desk. I put the flowers on the other side of my desk and I grab a book and read it before I fall asleep.

——————————————————————-

Woooo not much to say for this chapter...

So I love you all so very much<33

(1567 words)