~The perfect summer~

I keep driving as everyone talks to each other about the other night. I see the place where I was taking everyone. I giggle to myself which makes everyone turn to me. "Hey so guys basically..." I say as I park. "What?" Nick asks. "I may have brought you all to a lake and a picnic, paddle boards and fire making stuff..." I giggle. "LAKE DAYYYY" Layla and Katie yell making everyone giggle. We all get out the van and take out the inflatable paddle boards and everything else that was packed away in bags. "Ugh Iris. We don't have swimming suits." Nick says. "Yeah you do" I say handing him a bag. We all grab something. I start running down the trail with a paddle board on my back giggling a little. "IRIS COME BACK" I hear Matt and Nick yell. "No" I yell back as I keep running. I get to the lake side drop my stuff and breathe in the fresh air. I wait for the rest to get here and they all look at me with a smile as we set up all our things. "Damn this looks beautiful" Layla and Nick say. "Yeah" I say back giggling getting out the changing tent. I set it up and get changed into a dark blue bikini I packed. It was summer and the lake was hot but I packed rash vests in case anyone wanted to cover up a little. I come out the tent. And let Layla go in. "WOOO" I yell running into the lukewarm water. "Your insane" Matt says from the water. "Come on it's not that bad" i giggle. Matt rolls his eyes and sits back down on the blanket. I swim back to the side grab one of the paddle boards and tell Matt to come with me as he just came out the changing tent. He laughs and runs after me and goes into the water. "ITS SO COLD" he yells freezing in his place. "Come on" I say pulling him into the board. We both giggle as I sit at the front and he sits at the back. I paddle along until we're at the middle of the lake. "Damn we can't even see them anymore." Matt says. "Which means they can't see us either" i giggle. Matt smiles at me "hey Matt." I say. "Yeah?" He asks. "I'm really sorry about yesterday. You didn't deserve to be punched." I say looking at my feet in the water. "I'd take a million punches for you Iris" he says gently grabbing my face and making me look at him. "I love you and Josh was being an asshole and it's not your fault" he says with a smile. "Awe. I love you too" I say placing my hands on his jawline. We lean into a soft kiss. I place my hands on matts shoulders and before he could put his on my waist I push him into the lake. "IRIS" he screams as he resurfaces. I giggle and lay down on the board. I feel the board turn over as I fall into the water. I giggle and swim up to Matt who was now on the board. "Fair play" i giggle. He helps me back on to the board before we paddle back. "Have fun?" Chris asks as we walk to them soaking. "Yeah pass me the towel please?" Matt asks. Chris throws him the towel and he dries off. "Can I get it?" I ask Matt "get what?" He asks. "The towel, please?" I say. "Mhm what towel?" He asks wrapping him self in it. "The towel you just wrapped around your waist." I say. "Nope. That's not a towel those are my swim trunks. And you most definitely can't have those." He giggle. "Matt. Give me the towel." I say. "I litterally have no idea what your talking about" he giggles. "MATT give her the god damn towel kid" nick yells. We both chuckle as Matt gives me the towel. I dry off and sit next to Katie as we all start talking to each other again. We go in and out of the water and on the paddle boards as enjoy the day until the sun is setting. We decided to put the more heavy things back in the car so we didn't have to carry everything.

I grab light fluid and spray it on the wood. "Kid where's the fucking lighter?" Chris asks. "We don't need one" I say taking out my flint and steel pen. "We're gonna be here all night" Matt jokes. I take out a cotton ball and cover it in lighter fluid before making a spark and setting it on fire. I throw it into the wood and soon it all goes into flames. "Holy fuck" nick says. "Where did you learn that?" Matt asks as I sit next to him. "About five years ago at the Girl Scouts." I giggle. "Damn we have a Girl Scout here?" He giggles. "Yep" I smile looking around at everyone giggling around the fire. Everyone starts making s'mores and I take out my phone and have a look at what to post. I choose some photos that took place today and yesterday. And set down my phone to enjoy the fire.