50.

Reeve

.

"Thank you, Carmella. I will fly tomorrow."

"No, Reeve! Stay there and wait!"

My shoulder dropped together with my fucking heart. It's freaking insane. I want to be with her, but it will only complicate everything on her side.

Nasa proseso ang divorce niya kay Frank at hindi maganda kung gigitna ako. I need to be away. To stay away for a while so that the divorce process will not hurting Melissa's reputation. Walang ibedensya makalap na ibedensya si Frank laban kay Melissa at purong espekolasyon lang ang lahat ng paratang niya.

"Leave it all to me and stay the hell out of Melissa's life for now. Don't you dare contact her! Maraming mata sa paligid, kasama na ang mga magulang ni Frank. They have the money, too, you know."

"I know, Carmella. That's why we are doing this heads-on, right?" My jaw clenches.

"Yes, right! So be patient! Hindi naman siya maghahanap ng iba kung totoong mahal ka niya. The process will take a while, so stay out, Reeve and do other things! Mind your own business at the moment, okay?"

Dammit. That mind your own business is hard to digest.

"Are you keeping her at your place?"

"Yes, I have no choice. Baliw si Frank. I dug up a lot and discovered he's a complete nutcase! Womanizer and a fucking user."

"Did you do what we'd discussed?"

I asked Carmella if it was possible to implant a shred of evidence towards Frank. He might do a drug test afterward, but everything was settled. The drink he drank that night and those women in the bar were spiked.

"Yes, and they found it positive. However, Frank's family didn't disclose it to the public. They also put out a defense. It's a head-on fight, Reeve. I'm worried about Madison. Kawawa ang bata."

I gritted my teeth and hand fisted. Sa lahat nang ito ang bata ang nasasaktan sa gitna at wala siyang naintindihan sa lahat nang nagyayari sa paligid niya.

"Now that you know the situation and the secret of Melissa. Are you still willing to help her father?"

I paused a few seconds on that. Morris explained everything, and now I finally understand who Madison is after all.

My heart bleeds for the boy and, at the same time, for Melissa. I saw myself in Madison when I was his age, but mine was savaged. My mother died, and my father was killed during the war.

"I will still help them no matter what, Carmella. I can't just leave the father of my woman in the dark. Sabihin man natin na nagkamali siya at umiiwas sa batas, ay nagbabayad na siya ngayon sa kasalanan niya. He could no longer talk or walk and is not living a normal life anymore. That is his karma."

I heard Carmella sighed and it went quite in the line. "I understand. Iba na rin siguro ang puso mo dahil sa pinagdaanan mo sa buhay, Reeve. Hindi pa ako kasing lambot mo pagdating sa bagay na ito. I might end up killing both of them. . .Frank and Melissa's father."

It's the painful truth, and if Madison discovers the secret behind his true parents, it will only break his heart. Now, I understand why Melissa stepped in and volunteered to be a mother to him.

"You wait for my call, okay? Don't message her anymore. Siyanga pala, Melissa said thank you for helping her. Pinapasabi niya rin na babalik siya sa 'yo pagkatapos ng lahat ng ito, at sana ay mahihintay mo raw siya. Got that? Huh, pag-ibig nga naman ano. Maging sino ka man."

I slightly smiled and shook my head. I feel a lot better after hearing the message.

"Then please tell her that I will wait for her no matter what. . . That I am here, loving her unconditionally."