28.

Reeve's POV

"How do I look?" Jade's eyes beamed while staring at me. She purposely bit her lower lip, trying to seduce me.

"You are beautiful, Jade. And please don't seduce me. You are attractive enough tonight." I winked and touched her nose. She wrinkled her forehead, and I shook my head.

"Ang tigas mo talaga ano? Hindi ka ba talaga maakit sa akin?"

I shook my head and smiled sweetly at her. "I will not. You are my lovely sister, and I want to keep it that way. Don't worry. I will introduce you to someone else tonight."

"Ayaw ko!" She crossed her arms together and pouted.

"I am your partner tonight, Reeve, and I will act like one. So be it!" Umirap siya at lumabas na. Sumunod na ako sa kanya.

It's our deal, and she's happy to take part of this event. Iba sana ang isasama ko. Pero napagtanto ko na tama si Glenn sa payo niya noong nakaraang linggo.

Finding a partner for tonight's event will be easy. I can easily get one. But getting a genuine one where you can act close is difficult to do. Not unless it is someone so close to you, and that's why Jade becomes the candidate.

Jade knows that it's a mission, and she's playing a part in it. She wanted to know the details, but I wasn't keen to share it with her. Huhulaan nalang daw niya kapag nasa mismong event na kaming dalawa.

.

"This is boring. Is this the new trend nowadays? Ano ba ang nakikita mo sa paintings rito? E, mas magaling pa ako mag-drawing eh," reklamo niya habang nakatitig sa isang painting na purong stick ang drawing.

I clenched my teeth as I looked at one particular painting on the other end. I wasn't paying attention to Jade's comment, but I'm still listening to her.

"Don't tell me you like that one?"

Nakita rin niya ang painting na tinitigan ko at humakbang na siya palapit nito. Sumunod ako at sabay na tinitigan ang mga tao sa paligid.

"Hmm, it looks. . . sad."

I felt a pang inside my chest as my eyes glued to the painting. I silently smirked and shook my head.

"Why would someone draw a beautiful piece but then add this person?" Jade pointed out the person in black color at the button.

"It doesn't make sense. Okay na sana ang painting eh. Kaso ang lungkot."

"And why is that?" I asked, and I gritted my teeth. Both of my hands were inside my pocket.

"The view is breathtaking, Reeve. It's on top of the mountains and is overlooking the sea. But the sad part is this person. He's standing on someone's grave. Pero hindi tao ang namatay dahil alagang aso niya ito. Nakita mo ba?"

Jade's used her magnifying ruler. Bitbit niya ito palagi sa loob ng pouch niya. Maliit lang ito at alam ko na palagi niya itong dala.

I gave it to her as a present when she was twelve. Gusto niya kasing maging detective kaya ito ang binigay ko.

I looked at the image, and Jade was right. There's a paw print on the wood that's stuck to it.

I gritted my teeth, and I felt the pain in my heart. . . Pulgosos.

"Oh? The artist is Melissa Green?"

Napaigting ang panga ko sa ikalawang pagkakataon nang binasa ni Jade ang pangalan niya.