Part 16

Back to the present

The Palace trembled and dust with small pieces of debris fell from the ceiling as you hiked your skirt up and as fast as you could make your way up to where your husband was, where Law and Luffy were at.

Noticing the big hole in the ceiling where the light from above shone down like a spotlight you momentarily paused at the sight of an unmoving body on the stone floor.

"Bellamy..." you murmured, feeling nothing but pity for the man who was so willing to fight for Doflamingo. He looked up to him and even he fought till the end for that idolisation.

When you managed to reach the apex to where the battle was, the devastation of the scene in front of you was just as you had predicted it  to be. Trebol lay defeated on the floor, his slime scattered all over the place but your eyes were immediately diverted by the sound of Doffy's deep manic laughter.

Heart racing in your chest, you quickly went to the very edge of the palace that overlooked the sunflower field.

Its vibrant yellow flowers drastically contrasted with the blood and gore that these strong men have shed.

Your husband was mid air as he attacked Straw Hat Luffy but when you saw the defeated body of Diamante in the middle of the flower field, you knew that what you had predicted cannot be changed.

The empire that Doflamingo had built with you by his side was going to turn to ashes in 45 minutes. The birdcage was slicing through the severe second and you could hear the commotion of the people afar.

Your heart dropped when you caught sight of Law. Arm disembodied and gravely injured. Immediately, you turned around and made your way to the sunflower field, your fear of Law losing his life scaring you more than anything in the world. Tears threatened to fall from your eyes as you fought through the dark thoughts of losing him.

In your eyes you still saw the child that had managed to claw its way into your heart and remained there.

But here you were, torn between two sides, Doflamingo's or Law's.

—————

"Law!"

Your voice reached his ears as he laid on the greenery with a man that Robin and Luffy had called, Cabbage, by his side.
Cavendish recognising who you are, reached to unsheathe his sword.

"Don't," Law stopped him as he turned his head to see you approaching, the same look of horror in your eyes that he had seen when you and Cora had saved him 13 years ago.

Cavendish couldn't believe the Queen of Dressrosa was not in hiding during this whole mess. Didn't you know that the whole country will be out for your head?

Knelt down beside Law, your heart broke to see him in this state. The look in his grey eyes  reminding you of the time he was close to death with White Lead poisoning.

"Law..." your voice whimpered as you held him in your arms, a tear rolling down your cheek.

In your motherly embrace, Law's eyes shifted from the flame engulfing the top floor of the palace where Luffy continued to fight Doflamingo and moved to look up at you.

The frightening words that Doflamingo had told him earlier, making him feel distant from you. He wanted the truth. He needed the truth.

"Y/N-ya,"

Your fingers brushed his hair from his face, the same way you had always done when he was just a boy.

"I'm sorry,"