Part 22

Collapsed onto Doflamingo's torso, ear pressed against his chest and arms draped around him, he ran his fingers through your hair, petting you with praise as he deeply chucked at your exertion tonight.

"You're different tonight." His eyes skimmed over your flushed face as you laid breathless on top of him.

"Hm?" You managed to respond, the body still tingling from the rapture that tore through your veins a couple of seconds of ago.

"Much bolder," he praised, you could imagine the grin on his face but you only kept your eyes closed, trying to collect yourself. "You gave me quite the show." He chuckled softly.

"Glad you enjoyed yourself," you murmured, listening to the beat of his heart. "You seemed very stressed...and I needed some release. So we both got what we wanted at least."

"Which was what my dear?"

"A little bit of fun,"

With that a carefree laugh sounded from him, causing a small smile to form on your face to hear him laugh without malice.

"Every time we voyage to the sea...Tsuru seems to always find us,"

"That's what you're torturing your mind with?" Your brows furrowed and you looked up at him.

His one maroon eye locked with yours, Doffy finding that warm afterglow in them to be one of his favorite things.

"It's almost too convenient," he spoke, his voice deep and calming.

"How so?"

"Ever since Rosinante came back, the navy is quick to find us,"

You were surprised that he was suspecting his brother of such a thing.

"It could be just a coincidence, my love," you brushed such a horrible thing to think of aside, Rosinante would never.

A long pause followed which was rather unusual since Doffy always had something to say. You squinted your eyes in the dark, trying to get a good look at his expression. His brows were slightly raised and his grin was absent. Had you said something wrong?

"What?"

He only stared at you for a couple more moments before the end of his lips tugged into a smile.

"What?" You asked again, crossing your arms on top of his broad chest and leaning your chin on top of them.

"You really don't know?"

"What is it that I don't know?"

Doflamingo chuckled, and his hand cupped your face, and you leaned into his touch. How have you ensnared him?

He grinned. "Is that what I am to you?" His thumb caressed your cheek. "Your love?"

You felt your heart suddenly race and your cheeks grew extremely hot, realizing what he had meant.

"It must've slipped—" you stuttered but was silenced when he caught your lips with his. A gentle kiss that was no longer a rarity in your relationship with him.

The two of you never admitted such feelings out loud, you'd rather let both your actions speak for the both of you. You were still too stubborn to admit that you worshipped the man before you...but now, the unspoken between bond between the two of you grew stronger every day, and it was all because of his effort and determination.

He wrapped his arms around you and pulled back, resting his head against the pillow, eyes lazily looking at you as if you were the most important thing in the world.