Part 9

Doflamingo returned to dinner after carrying you back to your shared bedroom. He had drawn you a warm bath and kissed you before he had left, a smile on his face that would last for weeks.

You knew Doffy would happily tell the Family about the news and that when tomorrow comes you'll be protected and watched tighter than Dressrosa's safe.

As you brushed your hair, changed into your nightgown, your mind wandered off to Law. Despite everything, you were worried about him.

Staring at your reflection in the mirror, you absentmindedly placed your hand on your abdomen but when your vision focused again in the mirror, your heart almost leaped from your chest as the person stood behind you.

Taking in a breath to calm yourself, you plastered on a small smile.

"Just when I thought you wouldn't play the fool." You looked at him now. "Here you are."

"He knows now doesn't he?"

"Yes he knows." You got up and walked towards the balcony where he stood by the shadows of the room and the velvet drapes.

"For the protection of your child?"

"And my own. I'd serve you some wine but I'm afraid there's none at the moment. The family must be drinking all of it to Doflamingo's heir as well as to their impending doom which is you by the way, Law."

"Are you going to keep it?" He asked you.

"Of course I'm going to keep it. A child is born to the world without sin." You sat down on a chair. "Besides, if you succeed, this baby will be the only thing that'll keep me alive and after it's born, who knows. They will try to take my child away from me...I'll probably be thrown into the streets or stoned, discarded and despised for being the wife of Donquixote Doflamingo.

"People will be out for your head."

"Yes they will, won't they. "You laughed bitterly at the thought. "I'd love to continue our lovely chat on what could be the horrible future that will come to pass if you succeed.

But I'd very much like to know, why are you here?"

"I wanted to visit you. I haven't seen you since that day and earlier today wasn't enough time for me to speak to you."

"Well if we must talk, I'd advise you to remain where you are in the shadows."

"You having that child causes a problem for me." He deadpanned, his golden eyes empty and unfeeling. "With you pregnant, Doflamingo will stop at nothing to get rid of me."

"He is my protection," you firmly stated. "If the truth comes out to the world, to the people, they'll want him dead for deceiving them. As the Queen, I will also be blamed for his actions."

"So why don't you run away?"

"I'm still recognised by the world and legally bound to him by law, as his wife. Oh god,I could use a glass of wine."

"When I kill Joker...I'll avenge him."

Your heart ached at the reminder.

"You're going to finish what he didn't."You murmured.

"I kept yours and his promise."

"And I kept his."

"Which was what?" Law narrowed his eyes. He doesn't hate you. He could never. He hated that he won't be able to save you from your circumstance.

"To live."

Law couldn't find the words to speak . The two of you were here right now because of him, because of that man...Corazon. If it weren't for him, you and Law would be dead.