Attracting you

No one's pov

The rest of Hyunjin's walk to class, he couldn't stop smiling to himself. He was so relieved and thankful for Felix's talk. He mentally told himself that he would not fail Felix's trust again and prove himself ready.

Two weeks later, things seemed to be going smoothly. The boys have been able to have some time to talk in school when Hyunjin meets up with Felix in the hallway, escorting him to class.

"Ugh, I absolutely hate physics. It makes no sense! I mean, why do we even need to learn it anyways? It's not like I need to know Isaac Newton to become a chef." Felix rambled while looking straight ahead and holding his books.

Hyunjin lightly chuckled while Felix ranted to him, enjoying this small chance he gets to talk with the blonde boy.

"Thanks for walking me to class, Hyunjin! And letting me express my strong feelings for science." Felix said in a cheery voice.

"Of course. I've got no one else to walk with."

Felix smiled and nodded, appreciating and noticing Hyunjin's warm gestures.

"Well, I'll see you later, Hyun. Bye!" The blonde beamed and walked into class, giving Hyunjin no time to respond.

Hyunjin felt his heart warm up to the returning nickname Felix gave him. He was getting more comfortable with him. And that, alone, told him that things were going well.

Hyunjin's thoughts were interrupted by a text from the blonde boy. His smile grew even wider.

Lix :)
Hey!
Do you have any off periods?

Hyunjin

Hey Lix!
I have last class off. Why do you ask?

Lix :)
Awesome! It's Friday and Jisung is going out with Minho tonight. I was wondering if you wanted to hang for the afternoon?

Hyunjin
I'd love to!
Meet me outside after class and we'll head out from there:)

Lix :)
I was thinking we could just go to the mall and maybe dinner?

Hyunjin
Sounds like a plan

The longest 50 minutes of Hyunjin's life finally passed and he bolted to the school parking lot, eager to meet the freckled boy. He realized, once he was outside, that he may be a little too excited, as he was the only one out there even though most seniors have this class off.

He lightly laughed to himself, embarrassed and tried to play it cool for when Felix arrived. He scrolled on his phone for a few minutes before he heard his name get called.

"Hyunjin!"

He looked up and saw the boy wave excitedly with a bright smile. Hyunjin gushed at the sight. He loved Felix's smile. The boy walked over, smile still planted, while holding onto his backpack straps. Hyunjin just simply grinned and waved back at the younger. Felix walked until he was just barely a foot away from the older.

"Hi." He smiled.

"Hi." Hyunjin said in return.

The butterflies in his stomach went absolutely wild at the sight of the blonde looking slightly up to meet his eyes.