Leaving you.

"Felix.. can you hear me?" A voice echoes.

My eyes slowly open to brightness and blurred vision. I could feel the presence of multiple people around me. Once my eyes were open, I blinked a few times to clear up my vision and found myself in what seemed to be a hospital room.

"Oh thank goodness you're okay!" I heard my mothers voice say.

I looked over slightly and saw her standing over me with teary eyes and a smile. I looked to my other side and saw my father with a concerned face and a doctor with a mask.

"M-mom..?" I uttered, lifting my head to see more.

"Oh no no, it's okay honey, lay down." She said and rubbed my head.

"Hey there, son. My name is Kim Chul, you may call me Dr. Kim." The man said while writing something on a clipboard.

"What.. what happened?" I ask, my eyes still heavy and my mind still confused.

My mom looked at my father and sighed.

"Do you know your name, kiddo?" The doctor suddenly asked.

"Felix. L-Lee Felix." I answer.

"And your birthday?"

"September 15th, 2005"

*I had to change the year for the story👹*

"What's the last place you remember being at?"

"I-I was driving around. With my boyfriend."

Suddenly then, I remember everything. Including the part where I found out Hyunjin's lie.

The doctor walked away with my parents and they began talking to each other about me.

"Luckily, not much damage was truly done. He will have some severe bruising and migraines from the impact, but the only thing broken is his arm. He will need a cast and sling for a while." The doctor explained with a serious expression and then walked back over to me.

"Felix.. do you remember anything about how you ended up here?" He softly asked.

"Kind of. I saw a truck headlight and everything went dark." I replied.

"Well, it seems that the vehicle you were in was t-boned by a larger truck, hitting your side of the car. Your vehicle was found on its side in the middle of the road, the driver being closer to the ground." He explained and I stared off to the wall, soaking in all this knowledge.

All I could think about was Hyunjin.

"You're going to be staying in the hospital for at least a few more days until we are sure your body is ready to start functioning normally again. The same goes for your partner."

"Hyunjin's here?" I immediately questioned.

"Yes but he is in better condition than you are. You took the initial impact from the truck. Luckily, because of his seatbelt. He just has bruises and cuts from the glass."

"Will I.. be able to visit him?" I hesitated.

"Felix, hun, we can worry about that later." My mother interfered.

"Maybe after a full 24 hours of monitoring. As of right now, your body is too weak and full of trauma to be standing upright. Maybe he can visit you, as he is less damaged." The doctor answered.

I nodded and sighed, looking at my mother. I began tearing up. I was so overwhelmed already and then I almost lost my life. It was all my fault, too. If I just waited to talk when he wasn't driving, we would be okay and he would've missed the truck. I almost lost both of our lives.