Thinking of you

Hyunjin's pov

I had zero motivation to show up to school today. I don't want to face the social interaction that I've been avoiding. Before Felix, I didn't really have friends at this school. I'm not very talkative around people I don't know, so I keep to myself most of the time. Without Felix and the gang, I felt lonely. No one to talk to or lean on. All of my feelings have been bottled up ever since the breakup.

Walking into the school, I had my earbuds in and strolled to my first class. The only thing on my mind was second hour. Seeing Felix. I couldn't tell if I was nervous to go, wanted to avoid it, or felt flustered around him. Maybe all of the above.

Going down the hallway of my class, it seemed pretty empty because it was still early. All of a sudden a voice behind me appeared, and I knew exactly who it was.

"What a sad, sad story." He said.

"What do you want, Chan?" I rolled my eyes.

"Why do you hate me so much, Hyunjin? Just because I'm Felix's ex boyfriend?"

I didn't answer him.

"I mean, seriously? You tried to act all big and manly when I was under the influence and suddenly, you think you're better than me?" He snickered.

No answer.

"I'm asking you a question, Hwang."

"I'm choosing to ignore your irrelevance."

"Are you perhaps.. scared?" He trailed off.

"Scared?"

"Yes. Scared. You and Felix are no longer together and I just know that it was all your fault. You want him back, don't you?" He spoke like a damn villain.

I just looked at him and kept walking.

"Are you afraid that he won't forgive you..?" He menacingly asked.

I felt myself look down for a minute, cursing at the fact that he was right. But I still have him no response. That is, until I felt him shove me with full force, sending me straight to the wall. When I stood up straight again with a slight struggle, I was met face to face. He was close to me, trying to seem intimidating.

It's hard to find someone that's shorter than you, intimidating.

"Are you afraid because I've got a chance again?"

"You? Yeah.. one hundred percent." I said with sarcasm.

"I'm serious, Hyunjin. Felix is a free bird and I've got every chance in the world now to make my move." He grinned.

"You assaulted him." I shoved him away from me.

"No one would want to return to a scum like you." I said and walked away.

"Just you wait, Hwang Hyunjin. Felix will come crawling back in no time. He's too pathetic to be alone."

I stopped in my tracks. Now I was upset.

"Oh that got your attention, huh?" He sneered.

"You have no idea how pathetic you really are." I said, still not looking at him.

I could somehow sense his confusion, so I turned around to explain myself.

"You're going after someone who moved on and stood up to you because their vulnerable and you're too miserable to be alone. Clearly, one of us has bigger balls and it's definitely not you."

He went quiet.

"Watch it, Chan. Even if we aren't together, Felix is always under my protection." I threatened and walked away.