Episode 34: The Light of My Life

2005:

    Takemichi stood in front of Hina, while Mikey and I stood behind him from a distance. Draken and Emma were also there, standing to Hinata's right side. Takemichi twisted his head back at Mikey, who looked away, as if he wasn't responsible for this.

    "What did you bring me here for, Mikey?"

    "Uh," Mikey continued to play dumb.

    "You actually set them up?" I whispered in his ear.

    He just gave me a sly smile, before looking back at the scene in front of us.

    "Uh, I um," Takemichi stuttered, unable to talk to her.

    "Another fight, huh?" she nonchalantly asked.

    Draken and Emma walked over to join Mikey and I, getting a better view of the action.

    "Hina!" Takemichi sobbed. "I'm so sorry! He's right, everything your father said. I'm nothing but a piece of shit delinquent! And all I've done is get you into terrible danger!"

    The boy continued to loudly sob, as he dropped to his knees.

    "I couldn't stand it if something stupid I did got you hurt!" he continued. "After all, I swore I'd rescue you!"

    It's too bad that Hinata won't be able to understand what Takemichi's doing. It just proves how devoted he is to her.

    "Rescue me?" she questioned.

    "Hina!" he continued to cry. "And I will no matter what happens to you! If you die, I'll still find a way to save your life."

    "If I die? What are you talking about?" Hinata asked with a confused expression. "You're not making sense."

    "Even if something horrible happens, like if you were crushed in your car by a truck and it smashed both of your legs, or died in a fire! I'll always save you, every single time!"

    That's a little too graphic, buddy. I remember Takemichi talking about the various ways that Hinata died. They were tragic, don't get me wrong, but describing that to her face is a little too far. At this point, he should just tell Hinata what he told us. His tears continued to melt the snow.

    "Just promise me, I'm asking you, forget I broke up with you, please!"

    "Fine then," Hinata spoke up, barely showing any emotion in her tone. "Come with me to the shrine on New Years."

    "Huh, are you telling me that-"

    Hinata smiled, tilting her head to the side. "We're back together again."

    Takemichi broke out sobbing again.

    "Oh, come on now, stop that."

    Emma's face was also covered in tears. I brought her into a hug, patting her on the head.

    "I'm so happy for you Hina!" she cried.

    "Then why are you crying about it, Emma?" Mikey mocked his sister.

    "Oh, leave her alone," I glared at the short blonde.

    "He's a wimp when it comes to women and he's a lame fighter too, but he always comes through when the chips are down. It's strange, he really is a lot like him, in a lot of ways."

    "Yeah," Mikey smiled, closing his eyes. "Yo, Takemichi! Let's you and me go for a ride. You too, (Y/n)."

    Mikey waked over to Takemichi, grabbing him by the arm.