Episode 35: On My Way Home

2006:

    "Quiet down!" Draken yelled, addressing the crowd. "Pay attention everybody! The first Toman meeting of the year is now in session!"

    I've been waiting for this day for a long time. Kisaki's removal! After the fight on Christmas night, I told Mikey about what happened with Kisaki and Hanma. Later on, I found out that Chifuyu told Mikey too. He was definitely not happy about that. With Kisaki out of Toman, none of the bad stuff that Takemichi mentioned will happen.

    "For years now, Toman has been the mortal enemy of the Black Dragon Gang, though recently we entered a truce with them," Draken continued. "And that truce has been broken due to a violent conflict between brothers! Our second division vice captain, Hakkai Shiba, and the leader of Black Dragon, Taiju Shiba. Then because of independent actions taken by the three leaders of first division, second division captain, Mitsuya Takashi, the other vice commander (Y/n) (L/n), and eventually Mikey and I became involved. With the end result that Taiju Shiba and all of Black Dragon were defeated! Now, some of our members would like to address us about their roles in that. Come forward and speak, Hakkai Shiba!"

    The blue haired boy stepped forwards, ending up standing next to Draken and me.

    "This started entirely because of me," Hakkai began. "I told everyone a selfish lie, and to maintain that lie I dragged you, my whole Toman family, into a fight that was mine alone. It almost turned into a war, a war that could've cost many of you your lives. And I am solely to blame."

    His eyes fell to the floor, accentuating the guilt of his actions.

    "So now, I apologize to all of you!"

    Hakkai bowed to the crowd, hoping for their forgiveness. The large group of Toman members chattered among themselves, confused about what's going on. I guess it would make sense that they didn't know about the fight at the church, since the fight only involved a small group of Toman members.

    "Hakkai," Yasuhiro stepped forward, smiling. "Don't worry about that crap, man. Who gives a shit how a fight starts. Only thing that matters is who wins in the end."

    "And in the end, Black Dragon got their asses kicked!" Nahoya added. "So, everything's good, am I right or what?"

    All the other members shouted out various things, telling Hakkai not to sweat it and that he didn't do anything wrong. I'm always glad to see that we always have each other's backs. Well, most of us at least. 

    "Thank you," Hakkai once again stood tall.

    "Hakkai!" Mitsuya called out. "To state the obvious here, you'll remain the vice-captain of the second division. That is, if y'all agree!"

    "Yeah!" everyone shouted.

    A "Hakkai" chant then arose. I may have ended up with some bruises and pain from that fight, but it was all worth it to save our friend. And I would do it again in a heartbeat.

    "Next up, Seishu Inui, Hajime Kokonoi, forward!" Draken commanded.

    The two boys in Black Dragon uniforms stepped forward. Their whole gang lost to Toman, so they're at our mercy. I didn't fight either of them, but from what I saw, they were strong as hell. Strong enough to eventually be a captain or vice-captain.

    "As you can see, I'm from Black Dragon," the blonde introduced himself. "I'm Seishu Inui."

    "I'm Hajime Kokonoi from Black Dragon," the other boy started. "Tenth generation Black Dragon leader, Taiju Shiba, has been forcibly retired from that position. Inui and I have taken over and now represent the eleventh generation."