07

RITS: Chapter Seven

"Where's your cousin? He really ditched me huh?"

I crossed my arms as I watched Mom frustratedly groaned and muttered anything she could afford to say. Ever since the first trial, Mom already called me and my cousin out, pero ni minsan ay hindi ko siya sinipot dahil sa trabaho, while my cousin refuses to see her and receive a handful of useless counseling on how to do his work right.

She wasn't just in favor of how Lincoln prosecuted Rozen during his trials, not accepting the fact that he was a fucking murderer.

I look outside the coffee shop. She said she's waiting for someone kaya hindi niya pa ako pinapayagang umalis kahit kanina pa 'ko nangangating iwan siya rito.

"Who are you waiting for, Mom?" I asked and visible in my voice is my impatience.

"Islear, who else?" She rolled her eyes before texting someone this time.

Islear huh.

Ever since I took Islear to meet them ay hindi na 'ko tinantanan ni Mom. She was pushing me to date the guy! And so as Dad na siyang unang-unang kumokontrang magka-boyfriend ako noon!

"You can wait for him. I"m leaving." I stood up and got my bag at akmang aalis na sana nang siya namang pagsulpot ng pamilyar na bulto ng isang lalakeng nakasanayan ko nang makita.

"What's with the rush?" Islear gave me a smile.

I glared at him before muttering. "Hindi kaba nagsasawang nagkikita tayo halos araw-araw sa trabaho?"

"Halos," he grinned. "I would even wish to see you everyday."

"Oh, he's here!" Mom suddenly jumped on her seat and giggled before standing up para igiya si Islear na umupo sa katabing upuan ko matapos niyang ilapag ang dalang kung anumang pasalubong. Napairap naman ako sa kung paano niya siya tratuhin.

Mom was blabbering about things concerning both me and Islear kung saan tumahimik lang ako buong diskusyon. She had laid out her plans for our future without even consulting me!

"Mom!" Matinis ang boses habang nakunot-noo kong tutol nang isuggest niyang pagawan kami ng bahay sa isang subdivision! Goodness! How advance is she getting?! Ni hindi niya pa nga alam kung anong namamagitan sa'min ni Islear, yet she's letting him stay in one roof with me!

"What?" She sneered at hindi ako pinansin. "I think it would be convenient that way, hindi ba, Islear? You two will be engaged soon and—"

"Engaged?!" I shouted.

"Kayleigh!" Mom frustratedly groaned, sounding like she wouldn't want to deal with any of my tantrums. "You've wasted your 20s and I wouldn't want you to do the same on your 30s, you understand me?"