06

RITS: Chapter Six

"Take your time."

Preparing for a case was surely one of the things I hated... Especially when I'm being summoned at court as a witness.

I just... Never liked being at court.

Most of the cases I accepted before weren't as complicated as this that I wasn't needed to be summoned at hinihingan nalang ng statement or interview. But with the case of Dr. Ybanez's sister... It involved two public servants and caused casualty on a high profile business owner— Rozen's mother.

I threw the file case away and massaged the tip of my nose to calm myself down. My head was throbbing from thinking too much. "Are you sure about Mrs. Uy being a part of the suspects list?"

From staring outside the window of his office, Lincoln's gaze traveled towards me before occupying his prosecutor's seat. "She has a motive to kill the victim,"

"Was it strong enough?" I raised my brow.

He stared at me keenly. "Just like how forceful she was." He reminded and I didn't let him see the best of what I was thinking. I wasn't even reminiscing about that day. "You know her best yourself. You judge."

I thought of it all night.

That fact...

If she has a motive to kill the victim... Was it because of what's going on between her and his son?

"It was confirmed that the victim and Rozen Uy of Doctors' Hospital were seeing each other... Though they didn't make it public." Islear stated, sounding all police investigators when we three gathered at his condo that night with Lincoln's call. "Thus making him the primary suspect of this case."

Lincoln nodded, seemingly having a sense of that important relation to the case. "But we don't have enough evidence pointing to him, except for his jacket that was left on the scene."

"The blood results from the autopsy," I recalled. "There were two results... Type O from the victim... And the perp— Type A."

"I'll have their DNAs extracted and compared right away," Islear grabbed his phone and called someone.

Lincoln and I exchanged information based on what's written on the file case. "The stalker had an alibi on the exact day of the crime," I said, following his statement on paper with my hand. "He was at community service for his stalking charges."

"And Mike?" Lincoln referred to the police under Islear's department that was also one of suspects considered in the case.

"Obviously he had an alibi now," I implored after I placed my eyes on looking around the entirety of Islear's place. "He was on duty on the day the body was found, correct?"