𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

Back at Raegan and Lando's apartment I can't help but just drop myself onto her couch. "This is the most comfortable couch I've ever laid on" I think to myself. I feel my eyes getting heavier.

"Oh no, Li! What the hell do you think you are doing?!" I open my eyes to see Raegen bent over me. I sigh "I'm sorry, I'm just so tired. I might stay home after all."

Expecting a tantrum from my best friend I wait for her reaction. But nothing. Without a word said she gets up and leaves the living room. Leaving me confused.

When I start hearing her moving into the bedroom, I decide to make my way over.

"Rae, is everything alright?" She doesn't give me a reply, but keeps going through the things in her closet. I watch her for a while, "Earth to Raegan. Would you mind talking to me?"

She breathes out dramatically. As soon as she turns around my heart sinks. She has tears in her eyes. Immediately I make my way over to her and pull her into a hug.

"What's wrong, Rae? You are worrying me." I'm not exaggerating, she is worrying me. Raegan is a ray of sunshine, she has the weirdest humour and always makes sure you have something to laugh about. So saying that seeing her crying out of the blue is unusual, it's not a joke.

We stay in that position for a few more minutes, when all of a sudden she bursts out laughing. Now I'm concerned. "Gosh. I'm sorry. I don't know what's going on with me."

I'm speechless. Just as Raegan sees my face she continues.

"Actually I do know what's going on. I'm sorry I reacted that way but I miss you. I miss my best friend and it's been so long since we went out together that when you agreed earlier I was so excited to finally have a night out with my sister again. Just seeing you at the bakery is not the same. I know I've not been around that much. That's obviously my fault because I was travelling so much with Lando last season, but please please please give me this night."

I was not expecting this. "Rae." I say defeated. How can I back out after this? She looks at me with her infamous puppy eyes. "Okay, okay. I'm coming."

She screams out in excitement. "Yes, baby! I'll take a quick shower, then we'll drink some shots and then, we go hang out with Lando's hot friends."

Is it unhealthy to roll your eyes as much as I have in the last 2 ½ hours? This woman will drive me insane one day.

But she has a point. As soon as I hear the shower turn on in the ensuite bathroom I lose myself in my thoughts.

As much as I hate to say it, Charles is definitely one of Lando's hot friends. Why did he have to be insulting to my cannolis though? I don't think Lando forced him to go with him to our bakery. If he didn't want to be there and try them, why come at all? But what probably confuses me the most are the looks he gave me. I might act like I'm immune to flirting sometimes, but I am not stupid. The looks were flirty. It just doesn't make sense to me. I give myself an imaginary facepalm. How confusing.

But besides my struggles to understand what his actual intentions are, there is no denying that he is extremely attractive. Ugh!

"Rae...Do you know if Charles has a girlfriend?" Gosh, the question alone is embarrassing. Two hours ago I went on about how I'm fine by myself and now I ask her if the man, who annoyed me so much in just 20 minutes, is single.

I just can't help it. He did something to me.

The shower gets turned off.

"Did you say something, Li?"

Thank god, she didn't hear my question. There is no way I'm going to repeat it and why would I even bother if Mister "I doubt your cannolis are as good as real Italian ones" was actually single!?