𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

"So WHERE are you going tonight?" asks Raegan. It's the day after the surprise double date ambush and we're working away in the bakery.

"Le Plongeoir - it's in Nice. Carlos wanted to come to me, so I don't need to worry about going home to get changed, and coming back out after work"

"That's thoughtful of him, he's very kind. Le Plongeoir is beautiful, Lando and I went for our second anniversary! He must really like you to take you there."

"Rae you can stop with all this, I'm going out with him - you don't need to keep telling me how nice he is," I protest, I love Rae but as we all know now, she is TOO invested in my love life.

"I know Li, but he is such a nice guy honestly - I'm not even saying this for that reason, I love Carlos and you definitely deserve someone like each other. I can see this blossoming far."

"Alright, alright. He is super nice, and SO DAMN HOT" I exclaim, and Raegan bursts out laughing.

"Can't argue with that. So, are you looking forward to it?"

The door swings open with force, and in typical Lando fashion, he makes a big entrance.Only, he's not alone and I see one person behind him. One person I don't want to see. One person I could happily have gone the rest of my life without seeing. One person who despite what happened, still looks pretty damn good in some black shorts and a black t-shirt.

Charles. Leclerc.

He is not hot, Liana get your shit together - this man CHEATED on his girlfriend with you. He is a cheater, he is not hot. Cheating is not hot.

He is attractive though... a bit.

"What are you looking forward to Li?" They approach the counter, Lando leans on the counter and Charles stands just behind him.

Different to usual, I look at him, but rather than the intense eye contact we usually share - it seems he is doing everything to avoid looking at me.

"Her DATE with Carlos tonight!" shared Raegan with excitement, "He asked her last night when they left ours, and she's going tonight, they're going to Le Plongeoir."

As soon as she said the word date, Charles looked up. Away from whatever he was trying to distract himself with, and at me. I look back at him but all I can think of is that night, that cursed night. I look at him and I remember the look on his face whilst we danced in the club, but I also remember how happy he looked in the pictures with his girlfriend that I saw spread across his walls.

I suddenly feel too awkward to speak, why do I feel like this. Charles has a girlfriend, it's not as if I'm cheating on him with his teammate. He used ME to cheat. But the way he is looking at me makes me feel bad - what is this.

"Erm yeah, we've texted a bit and we're going out tonight I guess."

"You were SO much more excited a minute ago, enjoy it - he could be your Disney Prince," Raegan replies with a wink, thanks, hun.

Lando wanders over to the counter and starts inspecting the goods.

"Where are those steak bakes you promised me, baby?" Raegan rolls her eyes in response.

"I made you some out the back, come with me."

Oh god, they've disappeared out the back and I'm left alone with Charles - just Charles, no customers, no Raegan, no Lando...

"So... Carlos," speaks Charles, he's approached the counter and he's looking at me intently.I don't know what to say, I blocked his number so I didn't have to speak to him after that one cursed night. I don't want to speak to him.