𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚝𝚠𝚘

I wake up to the feeling of Charles placing little kisses on my neck. A slight smile forms on my lips and I decide to enjoy the warmth that Charles is spreading around me for a few more minutes.

"Did you sleep well?" His lips are very close to my ear and my body immediately reacts to him again. I close my eyes before turning in his arms to face him.

Charles' eyes are still closed but a satisfied smile is on his face.

"Hmm, and you?" I move a little closer to him and give him a gentle kiss on the corner of his mouth. Charles' hand gently cups my cheek and he immediately returns the kiss. This kiss is completely different to most kisses we have exchanged before. It's filled with so many more emotions that are completely throwing me off track.. no pun intended. Since arriving in Vegas, my body has been having all sorts of intense reactions to Charles.

After what feels like an eternity, Charles and I break the kiss. His eyes are still closed and I can't resist the urge to trace the contours of his face with my fingers. He looks so peaceful.

"I always sleep well with you in my bed." He murmurs now, slowly opening his eyes.

"Yesterday was fun wasn't it?"

"Way to change the topic, Li." His laugh is hoarse. God that's sexy. "But yes, it was fun."

"I can't believe you planned a birthday party for me and Fernando Alonso was there as well!" I say still in disbelief about what actually happened last night.

"I don't know if I should be threatened by your obsession about Fernando or if I should find it funny," he says with a playful serious face.

We have a little recap about yesterday night again. It really was a perfect birthday. The fact that almost all of my friends came together to celebrate my birthday still makes me emotional.

"What are you thinking about?" Charles tucks a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

"Not much. Um, last night was really perfect. Thanks for organising all of this. I'm really grateful to you."

"I told you before, I would do it again for you. I'm just glad you had a nice birthday."

Our eyes are captivated by each other, only taken out of the moment when my cell phone rings.

"It's the way Rae is such a huge fan of you and I together, but she always interrupts at the worst moments, it's kind of ironic." He jokes.

I roll my eyes and answer the call.

"Well bestie, what can I do for you?" I ask with a certain irony in my voice.

"Um... are you coming back to the hotel before we take off? You probably still have to pack your things and I thought we could chat a little bit, you know?" She stammers to herself. I know she just wants to know what's going on between Charles and me. If I'm honest, I want to know as well. At this point I question myself if I will ever know. Am I finally ready to move forward with Charles?

"I'll be over there in the next 30 minutes. Make sure to order some avocado toast and coffee to my room."

I hear her exhale on the other line and respond excitedly, "Oki dokey! Love you."

Laughing, I put my phone on the pillow and turn back to Charles.

"This time I didn't even cook you breakfast, and you still run away." he grins as he pulls me closer to him again and places tender kisses on my face.

I close my eyes in pleasure before placing my hands on his chest and gently pushing him away from me.

"I really need to go now. You know Rae, she will send the FBI looking for me if I don't show up immediately."