𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚢-𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

For fuck sake.

I'm at Nice Airport, and I've been waiting for my best friend for almost an hour. I'm starting to get really worried that we will miss our flight. I've already checked in my bags, boarding begins in what is now under 40 minutes.

I pull my phone out of my pocket—no message from my best friend, but several messages from Charles.

Can't wait to see you againBe honestYou missed meThere is no point in denying itAre you already at the airport?

Be honest
You missed me
There is no point in denying it
Are you already at the airport?

still waiting for Rae
I don't understand how she can be late all the time

hahahaha typical Rae

it honestly is
i hope we catch the flight
we have a quick layover in london

When does your flight land?

4pm your time

Are you staying at the Hilton as well?

yes, Lando booked me a room

Great

Yes

are u still sure you don't want to get dinner together?

don't you have to work? 😉

I would always make time for you x

"I'm so sorry!" I suddenly hear my best friend's voice behind me. I drop Charles a text to let him know Raegan has arrived, and I would speak to him later whilst I give her a look, letting her know exactly how I feel about her being late.

I put my phone back in my pocket, and turn to my best friend, who is already in the line of the baggage drop-off point.

"I thought we were going to miss our flight." I joke, sarcastically, as I pull her into a side hug.

She rolls her eyes theatrically, "I overslept and then I couldn't find my shoes."

"You have hundreds of shoes!" We slowly move forward in the queue, again my nervousness causes me to switch my glance to my watch.

"Yes, but I really wanted to take my new black pumps with me. And well, I found them and now I'm here." she said cheerfully.

Sometimes I wish I could go through life as relaxed as my best friend. I think that would have saved me a lot of stress over the past few months.

10 minutes later, we finally checked in Raegan's suitcase.

After we luckily got through security quickly, we now run through the departure lounge to our gate.