Chapter 33

“Ra….Ra…ph….Raph….ael….please….babe…wake…up….Raphael?” 

A pressure like no other was felt on his brain as he forced his body to wake up, he had a strange vision with his dead uncle in it but then again, was it a vision or reality. Maybe he was going crazy, nope he was sane or more like insane. 

“Raph…please wake up. I can’t imagine…a life without you…” 

That was Leo but why was he speaking like he had died, hadn’t he just fainted. Squinting, Raphael managed to open an eye only to see a slumped Leonardo holding his hand tightly and looked to have been crying as he mumbled. 

“I love you so much Raph, please wake up…I will do anything to bring you back…” 

Wait had he been in a coma, what exactly had happened? He really needed to know so he decided to interrupt his husband. 

“Sap” 

Leo’s head shot up so fast that Raphael was concerned he had broken something in his neck. 

“Raph!” 

The excitement in his voice had Raphael even more confused as he was wrapped up tightly, Leo pressed him close to his neck which only had him frustrated with the lack of explanations. 

“Okay…love you too Leo. Now please explain what happened?” Raph’s question snapped Leo out of his gaze as he pressed a button on the wall alerting the others to Raph’s awakening or more importantly his doctor. 

“You don’t remember?” 

“Remember what?” 

“You collapsed on me after you were vomiting and in the process your heart stopped. You had a heart attack Raph from not eating and not sleeping. Your body shut down on you. I lost you not once but seven times. Technically you shouldn’t be breathing or alive but Donnie and Rockwell brought you back with Akio’s help. You have been asleep for two weeks. Raph, I thought I lost you for good” Leo explained while allowing his tears to slip down his face, Raph could only blink as he pulled the one he loved close. 

“I’m sorry Leo…” 

“No, don’t apologise. I’m just glad you are safe” Leo whispered, kissing his head just as the door opened and the others appeared. Saki and Tigerclaw moved straight over to the bed while Aruma stood in the doorway blocking the children from entering. Donatello moved around the equipment, taking some off allowing the family to reunite. Raph was immediately wrapped up by Tigerclaw who swore that his cub was going to kill him, making the young man smile. Saki on the other hand spoke to him in ancient japanese, without even thinking about it Raph answered fluently. Leo smiled watching his husband and parents reunite, he turned to Aruma and nodded. 

Aruma moved slightly allowing Rose and Travis to join their parents, the thirteen year olds almost sprinted for the bed as they made sure to snuggle close. Leo expected Leah to be there but he could only share a look with Donnie who shook his head, the teenager hadn’t been seen since her argument with Leo and Saki, two days ago. 

“Where's Leah?” Raph asked, kissing Rose’s head when she grinned at him. Travis had moved to lean against Leo’s leg. 

“She disappeared two days ago after an argument between me, Leonardo and her. It would seem she is really smitten with this new boy” Saki explained, Raph could only groan as a memory flashed in his mind, one of Dantzer. 

“Will someone get her, please?” Raph asked, Aruma nodded, kissing his head before leaving the room. 

“Raph, is everything alright? You have gone pale white” Donnie asked, Raph shook his head muttering about something which had them all concerned.