Chapter 17

The Saki Clan were known for being ruthless when dealing with any who threatened their home, their family and not many things could stop them from changing their ways. But, it seemed one small boy being born to the leader of the clan changed many of their perspectives of the world itself, especially the clan leader known as Oroku Saki. He remained staring down at his son who lay on his stomach chatting away to himself while doodling with his very own crayons which had been provided by Tang Shen, his friend's lover. 

“Daddy, te feet are ere?” Raphael’s tiny voice broke the leader out of his thoughts, the small blonde boy was drawing while pointing to the side to reveal the four sworn warriors of Japan’s finest who would protect his boy and him while they travelled over the mountains to meet his brothers for a potential clan meeting. But, there was no way in hell Saki would be leaving his son not after just getting him back. 

Shaking his head he climbed to his feet and made to greet the warriors, “Raphael must I have to remind you. They are called the Foot not feet” he said with a smile as his son just ignored him colouring in his own warrior on his paper. 

His eyes scanned over the four warriors in front of him, they looked like siblings from the way they held their heads high and their stances reminded him of an old technique Yoshi had taught him. Of course, Yoshi wouldn’t be coming with them due to Tang Shen’s sudden illness. Miwa was currently with the two and they would need the help to look after the young Miwa who was a few months older than Raphael yet had a fighting spirit. 

“Your names?” Saki requested picking up Raphael once he deemed it was safe, his son snuggled close unaware that there was a set of future eyes watching him closely from behind a mask. 

“My name is Liam, I am the leader of my siblings. This here is Don, Michael and Aria” 

The one Saki presumed was the oldest took a step forward showing only his bright cobalt eyes, Raphael had moved in Saki’s grip and was now on the floor toddling over to the four under the protective gaze of his father. All eyes watched as the blond toddler walked over to the orange armoured assassin and pulled on the orange bandana around the assassin’s belt and then giggled when it moved away from him. Michael remained frozen not wanting to upset the two they were protecting but secretly enjoying it. He finally could witness a more softer childish side to his immediate older brother. 

“Raphael, leave the man alone” Saki spoke sternly, kneeling down in a gesture which made Raphael run back over to his father, he smiled at the other three. 

“I am delighted to meet such fine warriors although we were expecting others. I am glad it is you four, I have a strange sense that you are what I need for this job. My name is Oroku Saki but you can call me ‘Saki’. This is my son, Raphael. We are thankful you have been chosen to help us…” 

“SAKI!” 

He groaned hearing none other than Yoshi’s voice, he gestured for Liam to come forward and within minutes Liam had Raphael in his arms. “Watch him, I will return within the hour. Please do not let him out of your sight” Saki grunted out before he left. The four assassins knew this was a test and decided to act normal knowing there were many foot soldiers watching from afar. 

Raphael squirmed in Liam’s arms, granting the assassin to put him down which led to Liam being dragged over to the table to have a seat while the young toddler lay flat on his stomach doodling to his heart's content but this time Michael had been given a crayon and paper. Leaving Don to walk around the room and check for any ‘dangers’, Aria copied his actions but instead took to looking out the windows via the shadows remaining out of sight the entire time.