Chapter 21

The four ran like never before defending the most vulnerable one out of them all. A small innocent soul who had been caught up in all of this battle. Raphael ducked another slash, as he brought up a dagger to defend himself. His said weapons, he hadn't a clue where they were, yes they were more blunt than the dagger but he had to make use of what he had. Leah remained silent despite it all. 

Leo made sure to keep Raph in his line of sight even when they were running, Donnie had managed to contact the others who were on their way but would take longer to reach them. Mikey spun his nunchucks knocking the Crux Clan members and Kraang backwards. Clashing of swords caught Raphael's attention when he saw Leo hit the ground hard, he gasped in pain as someone sliced his arm. His cry wasn't unnoticed as Leo managed to make his way to his side. Leah cried out suddenly awake. 

Everything in his body was telling him to run but they were all trapped. Raphael found himself dead centre of the three brothers who blocked him in. Normally he would be furious but his daughter was his main priority. Oh god, where was Dantzer when you needed him or his father's brothers. 

"It looks like you lose Raphael," Acronix chuckled, allowing his leader to pass. 

"I will give you one chance to live, hand over the infant and we will part ways" The cold tone had Leo gripping his katanas tighter. 

"No" Raphael glared as he spoke, tightening his grip on Leah who had cried herself to sleep.

"Fine, kill them all but leave the child. I want to kill it myself" 

Raphael actually froze as the wolves around them advanced, he gripped Mickey's hand when the youngest shared a look of fear looking back at him. 

"GET THE HELL AWAY FROM MY NEPHEW!" 

A stream of pure wave of white knocked the wolves back as a shield surrounded the four 'turtles', no one knew what was going on until Acronix turned his head to see a warrior thought to be dead. 

Dantzer stood opposite them all, his swords pointed deadly at the wolves leader and Acronix who felt a strange fear seeing the fox.

"You must be Dantzer" 

"Always nice to meet a fan" Dantzer teased, his voice a little more whispered but it didn't matter as he stalked forward. The shrilling of his blade connecting with the grounds had wolves backing away. 

"Acronix, dispose of him while I deal with the younglings" 

"Not a problem. Z" 

Z smirked, walking towards the four younglings as they used the shield to their advantage. Z stalked around it trying to find a weakness only to come up empty but it did give him time to assess his enemy. He took notice of the way the orange bandana teenager leaned on his left side more than his right while the purple one had an arm held tightly to his side. Summarising a possible leg and hand injury while the blue one had control of his body language but his weakness was clearly Raphael and the infant. 

A clanging of swords drifted all attention to Dantzer and Acronix, the two fighting to the death. The fox of the two was in agony but he kept quiet as he took down wolves right left and centre. He was the distraction, a hope that his brothers were nearby. Seeing that Acronix had the fox distracted, Z lifted one of his lethal dart guns and aimed it for the vulnerable fox. 

No one saw the dart until the last minute, Raphael's eyes widened as he moved towards the shield. He shouted in warning, catching the grinning Z's eye, Dantzer heard his nephew. He went to move when a clanging behind him alerted him to another presence.